Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

26 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Kamara if it comes off and Coutihno for £17 million is just mental … A great start the summer 

The wages and signing on fees still come out the bottom line though

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If we can also bring in Bissouma that would transform our midfield.

100%, Kamara & Bissouma please!

Would completely transform our midfield.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DaveAV1 said:

I’d go for him, Philips, Bassey and if we want to add a really exciting signing, Kamada. That list will almost certainly involve some departures too. 

That's going to be confusing next season... Kamara, Kamada, Kelvin and Calvin plus 2 Emi's. 

• Haha 2

well, that Man City game just proved, once again, just how much surgery this team needs.

Epic bottle job, weak minded squid spines.

I stand by what i said, half this team needs replacing this window.

44 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

well, that Man City game just proved, once again, just how much surgery this team needs.

Epic bottle job, weak minded squid spines.

I stand by what i said, half this team needs replacing this window.

Played great for 70 minutes then the weak underbelly returned. You’re right we need to change the mindset. If the current players can’t change then we change them. 

Edited by DaveAV1

On 20/05/2022 at 11:15, Steero113 said:

I think what he's saying is that as it stands, our starting point in terms of squad quality is much, much higher. 

The only players from their squad I would take would be Guimaraes, ASM, Joelinton 2022 and possibly Wilson. 

We have grossly underachieved this season for the players we have. 

Which points to us having a shit manager surely.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pissflaps said:

The wages and signing on fees still come out the bottom line though

This is true but even if we are paying higher wages and crazy signing fees, if we're saving £50m on not buying Phillips or Bissouma then it's surely good business and gives us extra firepower to secure other targets

We need Kamara and Bissouma. Then a LB like Hickey to challenge Digne. A top class CB is essential as well, one that can organise a back 4 for 90 minutes, not 45.

Then we must sign a starting striker. Watkins missed 2 very good chances today and we paid the price in the end.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

This is true but even if we are paying higher wages and crazy signing fees, if we're saving £50m on not buying Phillips or Bissouma then it's surely good business and gives us extra firepower to secure other targets

I'm pretty sure we'll be looking to buy another midfielder on top of Kamara. We certainly should be anyhow. McGinn/Ramsey need to be rotated more next season.

• Like 1

I’m sold on us getting Bissouma now to play with Kamara.  Would provide much needed protection for our back four and energy going forward.  

Kamara

Bissouma              McGinn/Ramsey

• Like 1