Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Tayls said:

First I have heard of it. Wouldn’t surprise me though… 

I think it's all but confirmed from what i've read, the only hold up is how much Barca pay as it will depend what league Leeds are in.

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

I’m really not arsed on signing any forwards this summer. All my attention is on the defence and midfield.

Even if we sold, Wesley/Davis/AEG/Trez and didn’t sign Coutinho I’d still spend the all the available funds on midfield and defence 

For sure. Back up left back, new CB, DM.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

That'd be great. We should be around that position with the squad we have IMO.

And then no need for the ridiculous rebuild talk 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

For comparison of a left footed defender, albeit one who plays every week, Dan Burn was just signed by the richest club in the world for £13m. We would accept an offer of about £5m I’d say.

Didn't we get 5 million for both Clark and Baker i think Hause is a better player 

We should be aiming to get 8-10 million for him

• Like 2

Just a quick one, has Gerrard ever said that the squad needs a rebuild? I’m not a religious follower of what managers say because it bores the bejesus out of me but I’ve never seen such a quote. 

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Just a quick one, has Gerrard ever said that the squad needs a rebuild? I’m not a religious follower of what managers say because it bores the bejesus out of me but I’ve never seen such a quote. 

I’m not too sure, but I’ve said it’s slightly misleading this rebuild talk. It’s going to likely be players that we have out on loan that aren’t going to play for us, plus a few that aren’t going to feature like Traore.

I think the remainder of our current squad will be either squad players or sold/loaned out. I’m sure some of this has been relayed to the players as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I don't think he has said that, he just kept saying strengthen all the time and experience etc..

I think when you look at the total outs + ins it'll be 10+ so it's a large number 

I'd expect AEG, Trez, Guilbert, Hause, Targett, Davis, Luiz, Sanson and Traore all to leave. So that's 9 out

With 5 coming in - LB, CB, CDM, MC, ST. So I'd expect 14 changes to the squad. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see after this summer how many of our summer 19 signings are still at the club.

Only Douglas Luiz, Nakamba and Konsa are at the club currently. There's also Targett, Wesley and Trezeguet all out on loan, and you could probably say all three could well be done here.

Not included Mings, Hause and AEG who became permanent from loan during this same window.

Edited by Tom13

13 hours ago, paul514 said:

We would NEVER in a million years get 20 million for Hause! We would be looking at getting 5 to 10 million for our forth choice centre back.

I don't think we would sell him anyway.

Liverpool were touting 20m for Nat Phillips.

Hause has twice as many prem appearances but only worth 5 - 10 million?

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Liverpool were touting 20m for Nat Phillips.

Hause has twice as many prem appearances but only worth 5 - 10 million?

The *Liverpool Tax for Idiot Clubs*.

IE, they managed to get:

Lovren - 11m

Solanke - 19m

Ward - 13m

Sakho - 25m

Ibe - 16m

Allen - 14m

Borini - 10m

Carroll - 16m

Meireles - 12m

I wouldnt touch a Liverpool player (who they are desperate to sell), with a barge poll, unless i was 100% certain they were actually good.....

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Adam2003 said:

For comparison of a left footed defender, albeit one who plays every week, Dan Burn was just signed by the richest club in the world for £13m. We would accept an offer of about £5m I’d say.

And he's absolutely shite

1 hour ago, MaVilla said:

The *Liverpool Tax for Idiot Clubs*.

IE, they managed to get:

Lovren - 11m

Solanke - 19m

Ward - 13m

Sakho - 25m

Ibe - 16m

Allen - 14m

Borini - 10m

Carroll - 16m

Meireles - 12m

I wouldnt touch a Liverpool player (who they are desperate to sell), with a barge poll, unless i was 100% certain they were actually good.....

Best club in the league at selling players

On Hause it depends who the buyer is and what the market for him is like, the more suitors the bigger the price, if we do sell him I hope its to a team that gives him a chance rather than a team where he's a squad player again, he's worth £5-8m imo which should attract some top end championship teams too

He's another who Norwich and deano should be looking at

He's also another player that shows the feel good factor that was at the club last year, if he leaves I wish him well and hope he goes somewhere to make a name for himself, I like him, man's got a ball magnet for a head 

• Like 2

On 30/04/2022 at 10:06, sne said:

Especially since we seem to crave a 6ft 6 Kanté clone who's also a world class playmaker and with PL experience and who don't want to be paid big salary and believes in the "project" and who doesn't see Villa as a stepping stone.

6'2/3 would be nice, don't want to go overboard, do we?

Lets stick to realism, not hyperbole ....but you never know, could be out there.

7 hours ago, Tayls said:

I’d have Raphinha! Tiny bit aggressive in some ways, but, passionate for sure! 

I see it as a prerequisite/benefit.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

6'2/3 would be nice, don't want to go overboard, do we?

Lets stick to realism, not hyperbole ....but you never know, could be out there.

Nah, I think we should look and see if Giannis Antetokounmpo has a brother who plays football. He has 4 brothers after all :)

Maybe Edens can make it happen. He owns both clubs.

Edited by sne

9 minutes ago, sne said:

Nah, I think we should look and see if Giannis Antetokounmpo has a brother who plays football. He has 4 brothers after all :)

Maybe Edens can make it happen. He owns both clubs after all.

Nah Robert Bobroczkyi is more worthy of such a pusuit....your man is too small.😃

Edited by TRO