Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I agree. I think I’d be more than happy if we could put out a team similar to below next season: 

Martinez 

Cash      Konsa            Mings       Digne

Phillips      Bissouma

Buendia     Ramsey    Coutinho

Watkins

Few tweaks and and it’s a very capable side.  

That looks good. Very good in fact.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

I agree. I think I’d be more than happy if we could put out a team similar to below next season: 

Martinez 

Cash      Konsa            Mings       Digne

Phillips      Bissouma

Buendia     Ramsey    Coutinho

Watkins

Few tweaks and and it’s a very capable side.  

I like that side but there is a lack of pace in the wide areas and I think Konsa will be replaced this Summer. 

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I like that side but there is a lack of pace in the wide areas and I think Konsa will be replaced this Summer. 

I agree. All hypothetical of course but if we had that side, then with Phillips and Bissouma basically holding, then Cash and Digne would bomb on and provide the width.  Doubt we’ll get both Phillips and Bissouma in anyway but it’s nice to dream.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

With regards to the pace, that could be interchangeable with the likes of Bailey etc? Or any other winger with place, I really like the base structure though.

I reckon there is a good mixture of solidity, tenacity and creativity in there.

With regards to Konsa, let's see.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

He was probably at Leicester just to watch them given we're playing there in two weeks. Think this lad came through at Spurs and doing well at PSV but not sure he'll be better than what we've got in final third as things stand.

Hopefully if Gerrard was watching a PSV player it's the dm Sangare.

• Like 1

It's important that leadership is retained in the group so, when I decide who's captain at the end of the season, they'll have a very important part to play and a very important role to play because we need to turn this team into a more consistent team."

Gerrard added: "Ty was really appreciative of the opportunity to continue with the armband when I first arrived. I made it abundantly clear to him first before we put it public that that was what we were going to do.

"We needed time, with my staff, to find out who can lead. Tyrone's in with a good shout [of retaining captaincy next season] without a doubt. We've been happy with what he's given so far. But now's not the right time - with eight games to go - to pick the long-term captain of Aston Villa.

"I'll make a decision on the captaincy at the end of the season, beginning of next season, which is what I said when I was first asked about it [at the unveiling press conference in November]. I think it's always important to get in amongst the group to see what they're like every minute of every day. See who's the glue of the team; see who leads in the right way; see who leads through adversity - not just when the sun's shining. To see who's prepared to go above and beyond; see who sets the right standards on a daily basis.

READ MORE: Man Utd lock horns with Aston Villa as £250m triple transfer plan revealed

READ MORE: Who is Noni Madueke - The highly rated 'showman' Aston Villa are monitoring

"We're still working that out and I still won't rule out the option of someone coming in who I know, who's also capable of being in the running for it so it's something I'm really analysing closely now. I'll make a decision some time during pre-season before the [new] season starts."

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Thanks, where?

Some Turkish site called Fanatik, and then it's been picked up by the usual gossip sites. No idea about the Turkish site, fwiw they are also claiming that Fenerbahce and Besiktas are fighting to sign Luis Suarez

I'd be shook and pissed off if Gerrard took the captaincy off Mings. The bloke makes me proud of the club and is a genuine leader in a way that very very few individuals are. Him and Henderson are the two folks that come to mind in terms of captains in this league. 

• Like 4