Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Doesn't really matter but I thought the defending for the goal was absolutely disgusting, I'm so disappointed with him. I think it's understandable he's lost drive and motivation, this was a move where he dropped down to play football , kick on and it looks like his career is now really on the slide, any aspirations at PL level are gone.

...but when you play a game you've got to do your best and my abiding memory of him in most appearances this season is just trotting back, not getting tight and pushing people where you want them to go , just being 5 yards off, letting them dominate you and then letting them come inside.

I was one of the most vocal under Gerrard to give him a shot, but he's been so disappointing.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

So it was Chambers who got done for their goal?

It was a two pronged thing, but Chambers was very slow actually getting out to his man, he was more interested in getting back to the corner of our box. 

Dendonker was the player who was way-too-easily cut inside of before the shot happened. 

But Chambers could have nullified the attack had he actually showed any desire to close the player with the ball down. 

Edited by lapal_fan

I feel bad for him because I feel he's one of those players who needs regular game time to be in any kind of form. Very ill suited to the one game every 2 months role. 

Hoping our first buy in January will be a big stick from B+Q to keep poor Callum away from the first team. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Doesn't really matter but I thought the defending for the goal was absolutely disgusting, I'm so disappointed with him. I think it's understandable he's lost drive and motivation, this was a move where he dropped down to play football , kick on and it looks like his career is now really on the slide, any aspirations at PL level are gone.

...but when you play a game you've got to do your best and my abiding memory of him in most appearances this season is just trotting back, not getting tight and pushing people where you want them to go , just being 5 yards off, letting them dominate you and then letting them come inside.

I was one of the most vocal under Gerrard to give him a shot, but he's been so disappointing.

I think you just have to give credit to their guy, it was a cracking goal from him and yes maybe our defenders were a bit slow but the tempo of the entire team was off, it was like a training game.

Shame for him how it’s panned out, I recall us all largely being in agreement that he was a very shrewd signing for free when he first came in and was playing really well, I remember a volleyed assist in a home game and that cracker from the edge of the box in the 3-0 win away to Leeds. 

But then we started signing better players, got a manager in who knows what he’s doing and more importantly plays a style that just doesn’t suit Chambers.

Feels obvious to me we'll just loan him out in Jan and then sell for a couple of million in the summer.

Wilder would take him at Sheffield United and Luton aswell if they can afford him but given what a success Nakamba has been there's a good relationship between the two clubs and they need a bit more prem experience in key positions.

That's the next stage of our squad building now.We've sold pretty much everyone young who can move to make sure we don't breach FFP anytime soon so now it's weeding out the squad players who are just hanging around not playing much at all, Traore, Donk and Chambers. Lenglet loan probably finish in January aswell.

Moving those four out hopefully gives us flexibility to get in 2-3 for the big second half push to finish top 4.

On 27/01/2022 at 19:51, Tom13 said:

Not a fan at all. He's awful.

Haven't really changed my opinion since we signed him. Nothing against him obviously, I just think he's in a league at a standard above his actual level.

14 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Doesn't really matter but I thought the defending for the goal was absolutely disgusting, I'm so disappointed with him.

I didn't think it was his fault at all. We run a zonal defence. He was with his mark who was moving laterally across the box. He passed his mark off to Donck when his mark left his zone. That's how it's supposed to work. He was playing right back and it wasn't his job to follow into the middle. Donck picked the mark up and then let him get away.

I also don't blame Chambers or the miscue where Marschall kicked the ball into him. He was facing our goal and it made more sense to let Marschall, who was facing forward, play the ball. He shielded the ball until it was playable for Marschall. That was smart. If Marschall wasn't confident that he could lift the ball over the two players in front of him, he should have played it to the wings, even if that meant kicking it into touch.

I don't pretend that he has much of a future in our side, and he's certainly made some bad mistakes in the past, but let's not blame him when blame isn't due.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
18 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

he did have a couple good moments. His worldie against leeds and his insane outside of the foot pass which led to a goal against southampton i think?

He was clearly a good pick up on essentially free. Experienced player who could (and did) fill in at CDM, CB & RB

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Only named 8 subs today and he hasn't made the bench. Unless he is injured/ill he may well be on verge of moving on. 

And that's without naming another CB either, so very likely moving on as he was in the training vid on Friday. 

• Like 2

Â