Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, MarkLillis said:

Not the best news.

However we have to deal with it the best way we can.

We aren’t the only side with crucial players out injured.

We are just the only side that the media will ignore when it comes to injuries.

There will no injury hit Villa battling on reports you can bet on that.

Give me a break with this glass half full shit, we've had 4 ACLs in one season.

Fans are entitled to see this as incredibly bad luck, because it is.

Toxic positivity is just as bad as toxic negativity, the facts are the facts.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

How did he actually injure it with the action he performed.  If he did, then is it a clear indication his legs aren't built for premier league football?

Surely there's no way it should be buckling under a no contact change of direction unless it's fundamentally flawed? Or perhaps wasn't fully recovered?

I'm no doctor though, so quite possibly taking out my arse...

This is the most common mechanism of ACL injury - it's the same that happened to Mings and millions of others.

You'd think there will have to be a slight sort of tactical switch now? It's not an exaggeration to say we have no one to properly fill his role. 

I don't think either of McGinn or Tielemans are good in a 2 and then there's Iroegbunam who is still a bit of an unknown. 

3 ACL injuries in a season to 3 important players is a bit of a joke. 

11 minutes ago, Mantis said:

With the way people were talking about "9-12 months" I'm almost relieved, tbh. I'd mentally prepared myself for him being out for the rest of this season but missing a significant chunk of next season would've been too much. Hopefully that shouldn't happen.

I don't understand your post. He's ruptured his ACL so he's gone for at least 9 months and it takes another 6+ before players recover match fitness.

So the 9-12 months is likely accurate 

i will guess that Luiz drops to the no.6, and Tielemans, McGinn, or maybe even Rogers could play the no.8 role in the midfield duo.

We are a bit thin on the ground though.

i dont see Timmy as being ready or trusted to start week in, week out tbh.

I don’t want to hear about we’ve been lucky with injuries or that other teams have had it worse. That’s 3 ACL injuries to three first 11 players. We’ve had Ramsey only just coming back more than half a season in, Moreno and Digne swapping time out injured, Tielemans out for a stretch, Pau out for 2 months and rumpus Konsa will be out for some time. Just when Unai is working his magic to crack the top 4 things implode in a way they only ever seem to at Villa. 

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

I don't understand your post. He's ruptured his ACL so he's gone for at least 9 months and it takes another 6+ before players recover match fitness.

The Athletic article literally says the expectation is that he'll be out for 4-5 months.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mantis said:

With the way people were talking about "9-12 months" I'm almost relieved, tbh. I'd mentally prepared myself for him being out for the rest of this season but missing a significant chunk of next season would've been too much. Hopefully that shouldn't happen.

You are looking at 6-9 months (more like 9 months) for an ACL injury. If he has injured other structures like Mings, it will be longer.

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Agreed, we still have Luiz, Tielemans, McGinn and Ramsey along with Tim.  yes Kamara plays a specific role but we’ll have to adapt our shape and we still have quality midfielders to play a different way in midfield. 

We have no one else who can play that role. Tim is unproven, he could be absolutely awful at this level, Kamara was a proven top level, borderline world class player in that position. Tielemans is poor further back as we have seen as he lacks the mobility to close down, he's better further forward, Luiz isn't a holding midfielder and is better going forward, McGinn is tenacious but again not a holding midfielder. None of them do what Kamara does. 

He will have to drop McGinn deeper and play Tielemans or change to a 4-3-3 formation and maybe put Ramsey in midfield. But it is seriously f***ing bad news, there's no two ways about it. We will now need to go big on a holding midfielder in the summer if he is out for a year, that will completely destabilise our summer window because we need to spend on several positions already and this just adds to an awful lot of work we need to do.

I'm just totally and utterly miserable with everything football-related right now, maybe I need a break from it all. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deano & Dalian's Umbrella said:

You are looking at 6-9 months (more like 9 months) for an ACL injury. If he has injured other structures like Mings, it will be longer.

From the Athletic article:

"is now likely to miss the European Championships this summer with a five to six month lay-off the expectation."

That's us done for the season.

It can't be understated how crucial he is to the way we play.

The way he slots in between the CB's to make a back four so Moreno e.t.c can bomb down the wing.

I don't see anyone else at the club able to do that, Iroegbunam certainly can't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

That physio-scout guy on twitter is good at spotting injuries from freeze-frames but his times out are a bit off. Last week he said you'd be back from a complete MCL rupture in 2 months which is way too soon today he said  9-12 months for ACL which is a bit on the pessimistic side. Many have been back playing at 9 months, with some closer to 6 (although I think that's a bit on the un-cautious side).

Edited by Deano & Dalian's Umbrella

Â