Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

6 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

And he blocked the Archer shot I think.

It's funny you posted that. I actually gave Lenglet motm and thought he was responsible for blocking that shot, but, in fact, it was our new cult - hero, Diego. Confirmed on motd.

Incidentally, I still thought Lenglet had a great game.

• Like 2

Defensively top notch..

His ball distribution is poor..

His ball retention in this league is average at best..

If a good offer comes in this summer.. we should sell

Edited by Reivax_Villa
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Defensively top notch..

His ball distribution is poor..

His ball retention in this league is average at best..

If a good offer comes in this summer.. we should sell

Not for me. I still think he's quality.

He has, but that's generally because he's been asked to take the ball where if he gives it away it's a shot on goal.

That's not what happened tonight but generally when he has made mistakes those are the ones I recall.

If people think we can sell or get better than Kamara it really has gone to their head.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

We need to all calm down , the lads still young and had a bad game . But so have more than one or two around him . His a very good player and his had an off day 

The thing is though if we want to actually achieve stuff and win things these are exactly the sort of games where we need Kamara and Luiz to excel. Instead they were both way off it so that's why unless they can start mixing it against 100m midfielders we will always remain a nearly team.

The template was there in December...but you win or lose nothing in that month. You do in this part of the season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

A very lazy game it’s so many misplaced passes and no tracking back. Cost us today. 

This was his biggest crime today. He didn't make any effort to track a single run. He got an interception in the box early on,  which the commentators raved about, but the only reason he had to make the interception there was because he'd completely abandoned tracking him earlier in the move. The ball wouldn't have got the penalty area of he'd tracked him. 

He gave the ball away attempting things that have come off in recent weeks, and would give us a good opportunity to break.  They didn't come off today, and then it seemed to get worse as he tried even more ambitious/stupid passes.

I suspect tiredness played a big part in his performance. Money can buy you a lot of things but it won't help you when your baby is crying at midnight,  2am, 5am, and 7am.

Hopefully gets some sleep and gets his head screwed back on by Emery in time for United on Sunday.

Those saying we should sell him... I've got no words.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

I recall him making more than a couple key defensive plays, though I agree his poor passing in the first half is what understandably stands out. I also think it’s fair to point out that some of those missed passes came from an overall disjointed approach going forward, players all seemed to be playing on different pages of the book. At his best I still believe he is just as important to this squad as Doug.

We thought we had nailed the consistency issue. And we had for 13 months. But the last 7 weeks has been very different . Very little response to adversity. Which is different to what we were used to. Even the Leicester and Arsenal 4-2 losses were games where we were still in it for large portions and played well in parts. The last 2 home games have been both ones where we couldnt get back in and compete. Its taken 15 months for us not to be competitive at home, and then like busses , 2 come along at once.  Lets hope that we see the same from Villa at the weekend to what we saw from Chelsea after their terrible previous games.  Who were as equally good as we were bad. 

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Instead they were both way off it so that's why unless they can start mixing it against 100m midfielders we will always remain a nearly team.

They did against City and Arsenal. Luiz was ill and doubt for Sheffield U game. Maybe there's a bug going around the team?

Â