Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm now convinced agent @striker wants to weaken us so Everton can overtake us 😂

Be a while before that happens JV. 😂

I don’t want Villa weakened at all. I still think the weakest part of the Villa team is in midfield. It could and should be approved upon if Villa want to seriously challenge for the top four which is next on the wish list of owners and fans alike. I just don’t think Villa’s current midfield is good enough to get Villa there and neither is Watkins.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, OLDVILLAIN said:

Sorry but the  above sentence does not compute with my old brain.

Im probably old fashioned but my poor old father god rest him once said to me "you dont pick villa it picks you" .

If that is the case then both teams chose me. Always followed both teams!

55 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Other than the last 20min when the whole team fell apart I thought he was one of our better players. 

Will leave conversation now and read no replies. 

I felt.t the same way towards Konsa until that dreadful mistake. Even after the mistake he made a beautiful timed sliding challenge that probably stopped a certain goal. Its those kind of errors that sometimes tempt supporters ( heat of the moment) to become vitriolic in their abuse, and some are steadfast in their refusal to forget. 

I remember a game against Wimbledon at Villa Park in which Kevin Gage ,made a schoolboy error that lead to them scoring. As a consequence the next time he touched the ball the entire Holte- End decided to vent their anger with a deafening chorus of boos. It was David Platt who gesticulated to the Holte to stop at once, which thankfully, they did but it was certainly not a nice thing to witness at the time. The irony was, it was Wimbledon who we brought him off.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Of course he can be criticised - why are people such delicate little flowers on here?

It’s just crazy to suggest he’s out of form after 1 game.

Alright fine, let's revise our language

He had a shit game v Newcastle and he had some highly suspect moments in games last season.

So on that basis are we not justified to call him a decent/good player but not a great one? 

What's he done in claret and blue to justify anyone being flatly opposed to selling him for silly money, or refusing to criticise him?

Makes zero sense, but that's VT 😅

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, est1874 said:

He had a shit game v Newcastle and he had some highly suspect moments in games last season.

So on that basis are we not justified to call him a decent/good player but not a great one? 

What's he done in claret and blue to justify anyone being flatly opposed to selling him for silly money, or refusing to criticise him?

Because we are fans. Fanatical about the Villa. And also because personally i would like to concentrate on a glass half full than half empty.  He has put in many really good performances and a few bad ones. Good far outweigh the bad. And those good performances say to me he is worth silly money  

• Like 1

I am looking for a more committed performance from Boub on Sunday.....He is a DM and during pre-season, he looks a bit off it.

I have seen him have some great games for us, but right now, he doesn't look quite right.

I hope he gets his form back, as he is a crucial player for us.

6 hours ago, est1874 said:

He's had a few wobbly games lately, where he has been caught in possession and lost the ball too easily.....against Newcastle he was at fault, for not going after Tonali for his goal, he was simply ball watching.

You cannot be passive as a CDM....and it has crept in to his game....I hope its temporary, because I have seen him have some great games.

Edited by TRO

19 hours ago, est1874 said:

Nothing wrong with some healthy criticism but also nothing like cherry picking moments to justify a nonsensical opinion. What’s really VT is the irrational idea to sell the 23 year old who has been here one season and has been a vital defensive presence for the majority of the games during his time here.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 4

In a shocking turn of events, Liverpool are reportedly after Kamara now that Caicedo and Lavia have gone to Chelsea.

Most likely bollocks to push through a deal for Amrabat, but you never know.

Would take £100m plus to get him out of the team. Anything less and I’d be disappointed in Monchi.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

Kamara is easily as good as Caicedo. I wouldn't sell him for less than what Chelsea paid Brighton. 

So if you could get, say, £80m for Kamara and £10m for Dendonker and replace the two with Tyler Adams and Amrabat for a combined £50m to £60m, leaving you £30m to put in to a top left winger would you consider that?

6 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

So if you could get, say, £80m for Kamara and £10m for Dendonker and replace the two with Tyler Adams and Amrabat for a combined £50m to £60m, leaving you £30m to put in to a top left winger would you consider that?

No, definitely not. That puts Amrabat starting with Adams as backup IMO, and Kamara is better and younger. 30m also does not get you a 'top' winger these days. You're better off having better players than money lying around, so I'd definitely not take that deal.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

No, definitely not. That puts Amrabat starting with Adams as backup IMO, and Kamara is better and younger. 30m also does not get you a 'top' winger these days. You're better off having better players than money lying around, so I'd definitely not take that deal.  

I didn't say you could only spend the 30m, I said put it into the purchase - we could spend 50m, as with Diaby, but the net spend would be 20m.

Haven't watched enough of Adams or Amrabat to judge them but the latter looked pretty good in the WC and has big clubs sniffing and Adams would certainly be an upgrade on Dendonker if he's second choice.

Just now, barry'sboots said:

I didn't say you could only spend the 30m, I said put it into the purchase - we could spend 50m, as with Diaby, but the net spend would be 20m.

Haven't watched enough of Adams or Amrabat to judge them but the latter looked pretty good in the WC and has big clubs sniffing and Adams would certainly be an upgrade on Dendonker if he's second choice.

With all due respect, isn't it a bit silly to suggest a deal based on players that you 'haven't watched enough of'? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, barry'sboots said:

No no and no again.

Bournemouth are welcome to Adams.

• Like 1

Â