Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

45 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

It was 4 vs 2 at times for Doug and kamara, need a better set up against better teams. 

I think this is the issue we have playing the 3 up front, it's leaving the midfield exposed. Kamara and Doug both had little affect on the game when we had no possession. I have no doubts in Kamaras ability, we have seen him tackle and close down very effectively in previous games. 

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s a reason the big boys didn’t go in for him. Good player and will get better but our fans do get carried away sometimes.  In the summer you had someone saying he was our most important player and the only one that couldn’t be replaced.  Or something like that. 

Yet he's just been selected for France in arguably the hardest to get into squad in world football if your a midfielder. 

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Yet he's just been selected for France in arguably the hardest to get into squad in world football if your a midfielder. 

That’s because he’s a very good player. Not sure how this relates to my post. I like him a lot. All I’m saying is I don’t think he’s at the levels some of fans make him out to be. The 100m+ talk etc 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s because he’s a very good player. Not sure how this relates to my post.

Our fans have every right to get "carried away" about him. Big boys were in for him because he had everything to become a top international (which he has become) and he remains our most important player (imo).

Edited by Steero113
  • Like 1

Dare I say it but he’s probably the one player I’d say has not improved under Emery. Now that may be because he was already operating at a higher level than the rest of the squad but his performances since coming back from injury last season and this season so far have not been overly inspiring in my view.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That’s because he’s a very good player. Not sure how this relates to my post. I like him a lot. All I’m saying is I don’t think he’s at the levels some of fans make him out to be. The 100m+ talk etc 

Still better than Caicedo who went for 115 million

Why should we value him less

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Still better than Caicedo who went for 115 million

Why should we value him less

Opinions I guess. I don’t think he is but I think Chelsea were robbed with Caicedo anyway.

39 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Our fans have every right to get "carried away" about him. Big boys were in for him because he had everything to become a top international (which he has become) and he remains our most important player (imo).

Fair enough.  Each to their own. I think we overrate him personally. 

Have a good evening gents.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

My dad made a rudimentary but fair point in that he hasn’t scored a goal. Now I get it, it’s not his role to score but other defensive mids don’t seem to have a problem with it. Goals aren’t the be all and end all, I know, but it would be nice to see him get on the scoresheet, perhaps it would get him back on the right path too in general.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Opinions I guess. I don’t think he is.

Fair enough.  Each to their own. I think we overrate him personally. 

Have a good evening gents.

What has Caicedo done last season compared to Kamara last season to show he is better?

Because this season I think there is no argument who the better player is (so far).

Prior to last season, one played for Marseille, the other played in south America in an Ecuador team. 

So yeah, I think rating Kamara higher than Caicedo not so crazy. 

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

My dad made a rudimentary but fair point in that he hasn’t scored a goal. Now I get it, it’s not his role to score but other defensive mids don’t seem to have a problem with it. Goals aren’t the be all and end all, I know, but it would be nice to see him get on the scoresheet, perhaps it would get him back on the right path too in general.

'Other defensive mids don't seem to have a problem with it'. Which ones? Busquets scored 11 in 481! I couldn't care less if Kamara never scores a goal for us tbh. Not just not the be all and end all, it's not important in the slightest IMO.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Most modern CDM's are not scoring.

Fabinho scored 8 in 179 for Liverpool and one season where he had 5 goals.

Rodri is rather prolific for a CDM with 16 in 142 but City generate so many chances.

Kante had 12 in 227.

Rice has 10 in 203 and only last year scored more than 2 goals in a season.

If Kamara scores 1 or 2 goals a season - he's right on pace with all the other CDM's.

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Most modern CDM's are not scoring.

Fabinho scored 8 in 179 for Liverpool and one season where he had 5 goals.

Rodri is rather prolific for a CDM with 16 in 142 but City generate so many chances.

Kante had 12 in 227.

Rice has 10 in 203 and only last year scored more than 2 goals in a season.

If Kamara scores 1 or 2 goals a season - he's right on pace with all the other CDM's.

True, except he’s not scoring one or two a season, he’s scored none. Fingers crossed that changes come the end of the season.

He's been kind of shaky lately, but there's no doubting his quality. He's still so young. He's basically Dougie's age when he first joined us and he's already much better than he was. We have an absolute gem on our hands but a little bit of patience is required. We need to add Tielemans and play a midfield 3 against the likes of Liverpool and Newcastle you'd imagine. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

We need to add Tielemans and play a midfield 3 against the likes of Liverpool and Newcastle you'd imagine. 

Liverpool didn't play through the middle. Tielemans in a 3 makes no difference to that game, other than possibly worse result

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Liverpool didn't play through the middle. Tielemans in a 3 makes no difference to that game, other than possibly worse result

No but, you can shift the two 8's wider out of possession, dare I say it like Gerrard used to. On Sunday there was nobody there to cope with TAA coming infield. The 2 DCM's can only cover so much ground.

Â