Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I only found out recently that footballers get paid twice a year, so if they talk to each other about money it's likely to be as an annual figure rather than 'I make X a week with Y performance related and Z loyalty/sign on bonus'. God knows if they would talk salary with each other though.

Spanish footballers do. 

In the UK they're paid monthly, I presume for the benefit of the taxman.

• Thanks 1

On 25/05/2022 at 00:44, Indigo said:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/talking-boubacar-66821066?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=postshare

Nice piece on him above going into a bit of detail on the type of player he is and how he fits in at Villa for anyone interested. Features this lovely bit of work:

1.gif?token-time=1654646400&token-hash=Q

The refs in our league would have blown for a foul there all day long

Apologies if posted already.

Who is Boubacar Kamara? Aston Villa's most important summer signing.

Ben McAleer at Monday, May 23 2022 12:30

Less than 24 hours after the Premier League season has drawn to a close and Aston Villa have already made their first signing of the summer. Well... second if you take into account the permanent addition of Coutinho after the Brazilian had joined on loan in January, yet the capture of Boubacar Kamara is a statement one to say the least. 

"Aston Villa is delighted to announce the signing of Boubacar Kamara on a five-year contract," a statement read on Villa's website on Monday morning in news that would delight any Villans fan. To have landed the Frenchman for free means Villa have staked an early claim for the signing of the summer. 

What was clear in Villa's final day 3-2 loss to Manchester City was that they needed a player to help ride out the storm when opponents took the game to the Birmingham side. It all started so well for Steven Gerrard's team at the Etihad Stadium as goals from Matty Cash and Coutinho either side of half time saw Villa take a 2-0 lead into the final 15 minutes of Sunday's match. They'd go on to concede three goals in the space of six minutes as a season that promised so much ended on a somewhat sour note. 

Far too often, Villa have wilted when the going got tough. They took the lead in three of their final four games of the season, only to fail to take full advantage. Against Tottenham in early April they showed great resolve to respond to Son Heung-Min's opener and were unfortunate to go in at the break behind as Hugo Lloris put in an inspired first half shift between the sticks. Yet when Dejan Kulusevski doubled Spurs' advantage shortly after the restart, Villa capitulated to a 4-0 defeat, their heaviest home league loss since a 6-1 mauling at the hands of Manchester City in January 2020. 

As one might expect, Villa have developed a statistically calculated WhoScored weakness of 'protecting the lead', but the hope now is that the arrival of Kamara will go some way to ironing out the mistakes that have become commonplace in this Villa squad. Kamara won't get bums off seats, however he carries out the nitty gritty defensive work to a very high standard. 

A return of 3.4 tackles and interceptions combined per game in Ligue 1 this season ranked 35th of the 301 players to have made 20 or more league appearances, a return that would have ranked third for Villa. In addition, when he does win the ball, Kamara doesn't necessarily look to pry apart defences, but rather elects to keep things ticking over for his side. A 90.6% pass success rate was the 13th best in France's top tier this term. Exclude PSG players, and he jumps to fifth. 

In the Europa League, meanwhile, a pass success rate of 93.8% was the best of those to have made five or more appearances in the competition with Kamara needed to simply cut out the danger and recycle possession, two qualities he does well. The Frenchman adds some much-needed steel to this fragile Villa midfield and his willingness to feed to those who prefer to get forward will only benefit the likes of John McGinn and Jacob Ramsey, two midfielders who may well operate either side of Kamara should Gerrard opt to continue with a 4-3-1-2 system. 

The pressure to carry out their defensive duties will be lessened and allow McGinn and Ramsey, among others, the chance to hurt opponents in the final third, safe in the knowledge that Kamara has sat deep to ensure Villa aren't caught short at the back should teams counter Gerrard's side if they commit too many men forward. Crucially, too, is that, despite his tender years, Kamara won't make the same mistakes his new teammates have been prone to making this season. Since making his Ligue 1 debut in 2017/18, Kamara has committed just one error leading to an opposition goal across 130 league appearances, a superb return for a player his age in his position.

That Villa have beaten off Champions League competition for his services speaks volumes of Gerrard's pull at the club now, and to have confirmed his arrival before the dust has even settled on 2021/22 is a huge boost for Villa. Coutinho may have been the headline grabbing addition to the squad, but Kamara is far and away the most important. After a disappointing 14th-placed finish, the powers that be will want to see Villa competing for a European spot next season and the capture of Kamara is certainly a step in the right direction. 

Kamara isn't the first player to swap Ligue 1 for Villa in recent years having followed in Jordan Amavi and Morgan Sanson's footsteps. Supporters are hoping it's third time the charm, but with Kamara exactly the player Villa have needed, there is little to suggest he will disappoint at Villa Park.

https://www.whoscored.com/Articles/KRnNQGE2E06uNUvXyO7f0Q/Show/Who-is-Boubacar-Kamara-Aston-Villas-most-important-summer-signing

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Off topic, but the 'third times a charm' line at the end is a bit forced. The writer conveniently missed out Ayew and Veretout so they could wedge that in!

13 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Spanish footballers do. 

In the UK they're paid monthly, I presume for the benefit of the taxman.

Yeah I remember when Riise's payslip was leaked in the paper. Took home about 87k/month after tax. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rolta said:

Off topic, but the 'third times a charm' line at the end is a bit forced. The writer conveniently missed out Ayew and Veretout so they could wedge that in!

Traore, Guilbert, Engels, Gueye

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

What? Telling the truth?

thats not my point, my point is that its unprofessional for a national manager to s*** talk a club team.

We aren't among the best teams though.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

thats not my point, my point is that its unprofessional for a national manager to s*** talk a club team.

15 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

not very professional by the French boss there......

The French have never been known to sugar coat their thoughts and feelings. It's why France is often perceived as a country full of rude people, but they're just straight talkers. Deschamps didn't say anything untrue. 

• Shocked 1

18 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

S**t talk? I think you're overreacting a bit, but each to their own. It's more than likely a translated comment as well so likely that a bit of context has been lost also.

21 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He’s not shit talking anyone at all. He’s clearly been asked about Kamara leaving a CL team for a midtable one and is saying that despite that he respects him going for the new challenge of the PL. People are so sensitive on here, it’s nuts, especially with things that have been translated so nuance is lost. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

He’s not shit talking anyone at all. He’s clearly been asked about Kamara leaving a CL team for a midtable one and is saying that despite that he respects him going for the new challenge of the PL. People are so sensitive on here, it’s nuts, especially with things that have been translated so nuance is lost. 

He could've put it more respectfully, but no biggie.

40 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

He could've put it more respectfully, but no biggie.

I’m not even sure he could/should - he clearly just meant we aren’t one of the teams chasing the title. It’s not at all disrespectful to say that. We finished 14th. As you say though no biggie either way.

Â