Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

18 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Possibly, yeh. I just feel if we’re going to move back to playing with two defensive midfielders, I’d rather have one in there that knows the league. Kamara has a lot of potential, that much is clear, but the Prem is a big step up so he mignt need someone alongside him in there who has prem experience. 

Either way, thank god it looks like we’re finally targeting an important area of the team. 

Have we given any indication we are going to play 2 defensive midfielders. Its not something Gerrard did at Rangers or has even tried here yet

This guy and Bissouma would be exactly what our midfield needs. I'd ship out Mcginn and go with either a two of Bissouma and Kamara, our a three of Kamara behind Bissouma and Ramsey. Doug and Nakamba as back up to those two and Chukwuemeka as Ramsey's back up. With Irebogum as extra cover.

We'll go back to 2 8s in midfield. If you was to put 

Kamara

Ramsey.      Bissouma

In there over Luiz, Ramsey, McGinn. It's a very different midfield to what we have currently even if the set up / formation is the same. I still think in an ideal world you'd want a bit more energy in there somehow but that is still available with McGinn or Sanson off the bench. Not like we could go and get someone like Gallagher too  (and not sure Gallagher-Ramsey would work).

I think that's a big change to our midfield with Kamara and Bissouma. Those two can't sit and keep the possession and allow Ramsey to roam and link up with Coutinho, Buendia etc al

Preece saying he was there for Kamara.

Also was at City v Atleti for Kondogbia

Also was at Leicester v PSV for Sangare.

I still think Purslow being at Marseille means that a meeting or money was actually being discussed. No need for him to be there otherwise.

But Kamara and Sangare have been talked a lot about on here. Kondogbia also would be a stellar signing. Honestly any of those three would be good signings.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Preece saying he was there for Kamara.

Also was at City v Atleti for Kondogbia

Also was at Leicester v PSV for Sangare.

I still think Purslow being at Marseille means that a meeting or money was actually being discussed. No need for him to be there otherwise.

But Kamara and Sangare have been talked a lot about on here. Kondogbia also would be a stellar signing. Honestly any of those three would be good signings.

We could sign all of them and just play…

Kamara——Kondogbia——Samare

Sorted.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

We could sign all of them and just play…

Kamara——Kondogbia——Samare

Sorted.

Should be a Bananas in Pyjamas chant in there 

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

This guy and Bissouma would be exactly what our midfield needs. I'd ship out Mcginn and go with either a two of Bissouma and Kamara, our a three of Kamara behind Bissouma and Ramsey. Doug and Nakamba as back up to those two and Chukwuemeka as Ramsey's back up. With Irebogum as extra cover.

I think McGinn further forward could be a menace, lurking on the edge of the box......thats where his forte lies.....high press.

We don't have to get rid of everybody.....its a squad and ours is light anyway.

I don't think McGinn will go.

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think McGinn further forward could be a menace, lurking on the edge of the box......thats where his forte lies.....high press.

We don't have to get rid of everybody.....its a squad and ours is light anyway.

I don't think McGinn will go.

McGinn as a number 10 or 8 / 10 is a disaster for possession based football. Ramsey would be a better fit for that role. Chukwuemeka has the potential to be a top player in that combined 8 and 10 role. I mean working box to box, with an emphasis on either scoring or creating goals. Alongside a number 8 with an emphasis on protecting the defence and dictating the play.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philosopher said:

Not a fan of Sanson?

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

This would be a great signing actually thought was just Twitter bullshit in January but maybe has legs 

Hopefully if he signs he can break the French Villa curse 😂

Questions to be asked of the scouting and medical teams if not

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

McGinn as a number 10 or 8 / 10 is a disaster for possession based football. Ramsey would be a better fit for that role. Chukwuemeka has the potential to be a top player in that combined 8 and 10 role. I mean working box to box, with an emphasis on either scoring or creating goals. Alongside a number 8 with an emphasis on protecting the defence and dictating the play.

Quite, but Ramsey is 20 and will burn out or go through inconsistencies. As will Chuk - who may leave regardless - in which case, having McGinn to rotate with Bissouma, Chuk and Ramsey is a great option. He'd still get a lot of game time and be worth keeping around. 

Ramsey isn't yet a 90mins / 38 game player and someone like McGinn to rotate with him or to play instead of Bissouma if he needs a rest or in games we can dominate in would be ideal.

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

Quite, but Ramsey is 20 and will burn out or go through inconsistencies. As will Chuk - who may leave regardless - in which case, having McGinn to rotate with Bissouma, Chuk and Ramsey is a great option. He'd still get a lot of game time and be worth keeping around. 

Ramsey isn't yet a 90mins / 38 game player and someone like McGinn to rotate with him or to play instead of Bissouma if he needs a rest or in games we can dominate in would be ideal.

Again forgetting Sanson :(

11 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Obviously excited with links to players like kamara, but don't want to go through another saga of chasing players that wont come ala ESR and JWP

Difference here is that it's not a sale but a "free" transfer as his out of contract so only him and his agent who is involved and not a club who's dragging their feet.

Not that it makes it easy but at least 1 less thing to deal with.

• Like 2

Â