Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably because mcginns been shit. Mcginn on top form scores more.

Bentancur is a regular starter for the 3rd/4th best team in England, we are the 14th best team in the league

you are deluded if you think he isnt good enough for us

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bentancur is a regular starter for the 3rd/4th best team in England, we are the 14th best team in the league

you are deluded if you think he isnt good enough for 

Diers a regualar starter for them doesnt mean he is good.

I dont think he would have improved us that much to be honest.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Probably because mcginns been shit. Mcginn on top form scores more.

Mcginn hasn't scored since 2021, and that's not what Bentacur does anyway, he's not out there to score.

Edited by Mr_Dogg
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Mcginn hasn't scored since 2021, and that's not what Bentacur does anyway, he's not out there to score.

there

So if he isnt there to score are you trying to tell me he is better than kamara as your implying he is a dm?

5 hours ago, Mr_Dogg said:

What's Kamara got to do with this?

Your saying bentacurs game isnt too score goals so then if he isnt to score goals he must be a dm in your opinion hence our very own kamara who is iur DM.

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your saying bentacurs game isnt too score goals so then if he isnt to score goals he must be a dm in your opinion hence our very own kamara who is iur DM.

That's very simplistic.

If we somehow had Kamara and Bentacur, they would be a strong double pivot in midfield.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So if he isnt there to score are you trying to tell me he is better than kamara as your implying he is a dm?

Neither Barry or Petrov scored much for us from open play during the seasons they were our CM central pairing.

What they did (bloody) well was position themselves superbly infront of the back 4 to intercept, buy cheap free kicks (Stan was amazing at that) or also hit a quickfield ball so Young could run at a full back one v one.

That helped us get top 6 and we're miles off that with our present options although Kamara has settled in pretty well which is promising. He needs better ahead of him though.

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Neither Barry or Petrov scored much for us from open play during the seasons they were our CM central pairing.

What they did (bloody) well was position themselves superbly infront of the back 4 to intercept, buy cheap free kicks (Stan was amazing at that) or also hit a quickfield ball so Young could run at a full back one v one.

That helped us get top 6 and we're miles off that with our present options although Kamara has settled in pretty well which is promising. He needs better ahead of him though.

I dibt think if you stick him in our current midfield he improves us much. His passing looked atrocious on sunday. 

I think there is better out there

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

I dibt think if you stick him in our current midfield he improves us much. His passing looked atrocious on sunday. 

I think there is better out there

Like who? Who are these better passing midfielders that would get into a top 4 team that we could attract?

I agree that I don't think he would be as effective in our team, but it doesn't stop him being a good player.

He suits Spurs much better than he would suit us.

What is encouraging is that clearly this is the standard of player we are looking at for our transfers in general.

4 hours ago, May-Z said:

I agree that I don't think he would be as effective in our team, but it doesn't stop him being a good player.

He suits Spurs much better than he would suit us.

What is encouraging is that clearly this is the standard of player we are looking at for our transfers in general.

It's good to be ambitious, but I do wonder if there's a bit of a danger of getting a reputation for taking on daft transfer attempts. We've tried Smith-Rowe, Ward-Prowse, Phillips and Bentancur all in the last twelve months or so, and all were never going to happen.

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's good to be ambitious, but I do wonder if there's a bit of a danger of getting a reputation for taking on daft transfer attempts. We've tried Smith-Rowe, Ward-Prowse, Phillips and Bentancur all in the last twelve months or so, and all were never going to happen.

Don’t think that’s true. Bentancur seemed very likely to happen until Spurs and their Italian connections (plus stronger club position) pushed us out. 

The rest yes you are probably right. 

Â