Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

If you go by VT general consensus then I genuinely don't know of a single player in world football who is a "number 6" because anyone who is mentioned for the role is immediately written off as an 8.😂 He has the attributes to play there, has played there, and evidently Gerrard, Lange etc believe so too and are better placed to say whether or not he can undertake the role they want filled.

I'm even seeing people say he "isn't a 6" because Allegri said on TV two seasons ago that he didn't like him there, despite the fact that as he manager he is literally playing him there at this moment in time which recently included a MOTM display in the one game most Villa fans have actually watched him play. All seems a bit mad to me.

They’re all obsessed with signing Bissouma or Kamara. I’m even starting to think If this lad had a slightly darker complexion more fans would be well up for it! ;)

• Shocked 2

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm always amazed by how opinionated people are about a player that they probably haven't seen play

or probably never even heard of before yesterday

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 1

He's highlights of ten minutes bored me but to be fair to him it is ten minutes of him pick pocketing players with some very skilled standing tackles, there's some great slide tackles and many interceptions too. The little they had of him playing on the ball, nothing special just tidy in simple situations. 

5 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If you go by VT general consensus then I genuinely don't know of a single player in world football who is a "number 6" because anyone who is mentioned for the role is immediately written off as an 8.😂 He has the attributes to play there, has played there, and evidently Gerrard, Lange etc believe so too and are better placed to say whether or not he can undertake the role they want filled.

I'm even seeing people say he "isn't a 6" because Allegri said on TV two seasons ago that he didn't like him there, despite the fact that as his manager he is literally playing him there at this moment in time which most recently included a MOTM display in the one game most Villa fans have actually watched him play. All seems a bit mad to me.

I should have also said, there is lots I like about Bentacur, if we sign him I will be happy. But when u genuinely know F all about the guy it is very difficult to make a judgement, there is just so much conflicting information doing the rounds

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Indigo said:

This is both of their respective heatmaps. How wildly different.

spacer.png

spacer.png

What strikes me most about these heatmaps is that they are vastly different for two reasons:

1. The bottom image is clearly larger than the top, so that player must be playing on a bigger pitch. Would this be a good fit for VP?

2. The player represented by the top image doesn't take corners. WDFLFC now anyway so I'm not sure if this even matters.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

2. The player represented by the top image doesn't take corners. WDFLFC now anyway so I'm not sure if this even matters.

that raises a really interesting point - why does luiz only take the corners at one end?

Spoiler

Fishing GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY 

:trollface:

• Haha 2

Really hope he doesn’t sign. Not because I don’t rate him to be honest two weeks ago I’d never heard of him and still haven’t seen any clips. The reason is his fate has been decided by many on here already, ‘not good enough for where we are going etc’. Unless he plays out of his skin in every game, never misses a tackle or plays a poor pass he will be slagged off remorselessly just like many others in the past. It would be much better to spend £50 million on that worldbeater from Brighton who by all accounts is a big lad who likes a tackle.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, smg said:

Really hope he doesn’t sign. Not because I don’t rate him to be honest two weeks ago I’d never heard of him and still haven’t seen any clips. The reason is his fate has been decided by many on here already, ‘not good enough for where we are going etc’. Unless he plays out of his skin in every game, never misses a tackle or plays a poor pass he will be slagged off remorselessly just like many others in the past. It would be much better to spend £50 million on that worldbeater from Brighton who by all accounts is a big lad who likes a tackle.

He’s shorter than Bentancur though. 

Â