Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

On his form, his 'bad' form came in a run when he wasn't playing centrally. Played centrally with Locatelli against Milan and was man of the match. In the Gerrard/Beale system I think we'd get the best out of him. All his beat qualities are what is needed there in that role.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, macandally said:

I thought this guy may be a real steal, but having read 76 pages where every third post is the same three posters saying he is rubbish, you finally won me over"............................

or not, get him signed! 😁

This.

I understand why some people might have concerns based on other fans reports. 

I really really really don’t understand how you turn that concern into a hard and fast opinion you’d go to war for and then post that opinion 35 times on a message board. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, romavillan said:

On his form, his 'bad' form came in a run when he wasn't playing centrally. Played centrally with Locatelli against Milan and was man of the match. In the Gerrard/Beale system I think we'd get the best out of him. All his beat qualities are what is needed there in that role.

The Juve obsessive on the Villa podcast said he's at his best for Uruguay on the right in a central 3 

4 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The Juve obsessive on the Villa podcast said he's at his best for Uruguay on the right in a central 3 

Thought he played in a 4 man midfield for Uruguay myself? don't they play 4-4-2? At Boca he played where Gerrard/Beale will play him anyway...

10 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Thought he played in a 4 man midfield for Uruguay myself? don't they play 4-4-2? At Boca he played where Gerrard/Beale will play him anyway...

I don't know, just basing it on what podcast guy said who seemed to know his career pretty well

2 hours ago, villaglint said:

This.

I understand why some people might have concerns based on other fans reports. 

I really really really don’t understand how you turn that concern into a hard and fast opinion you’d go to war for and then post that opinion 35 times on a message board. 

I mean, that's just how footballing discussion works. Works the other way too. People being utterly convinced that a player would be good despite barely seeing them play themselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LondonLax said:

If he wasn’t on a poor run of form we wouldn’t have a chance of signing him (even Man City didn’t have a chance when he was in form).

It’s a bit like the Coutinho deal, for a club in our position to land a top top player we need to nab them when they are off the boil and nurture them back to the form we know they are capable of. 

Wouldn't argue with that.

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's been pretty poor since that summer. That's why all their fans are on him.

If he signs, hopefully he can recapture the form that made that interest develop.

I'm sure he'll need a bit of time because he does like to take his time the lad, bit ponderous at times. I'm sure coaching team must have noticed that and think they can get it out of him.

Thats when Juventus turned to shit though by the standards of winning 8 leagues in a row

Ronaldo carried the team to respectability last season but even the great defence has been weak in this time. De Ligt has been a massive flop

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

This guy is not even a natural number 6. We don't need more 8's, just move on.

I don't know this guy so I can't comment on where his natural position is but your comment is repeated by many on VT and other places and this is my biggest concern with signing Bentancur. If enough people are saying it the likelihood is that there is some substance to the comment. 

9 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I don't know this guy so I can't comment on where his natural position is but your comment is repeated by many on VT and other places and this is my biggest concern with signing Bentancur. If enough people are saying it the likelihood is that there is some substance to the comment. 

If you go by VT general consensus then I genuinely don't know of a single player in world football who is a "number 6" because anyone who is mentioned for the role is immediately written off as an 8.😂 He has the attributes to play there, has played there, and evidently Gerrard, Lange etc believe so too and are better placed to say whether or not he can undertake the role they want filled.

I'm even seeing people say he "isn't a 6" because Allegri said on TV two seasons ago that he didn't like him there, despite the fact that as his manager he is literally playing him there at this moment in time which most recently included a MOTM display in the one game most Villa fans have actually watched him play. All seems a bit mad to me.

Edited by Indigo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bloody 6s and 8s. Can he tackle and pass the ball?, does he read the game well? If yes to these then he can play as a bloody 6. 

You tell um tiger 👍

• Haha 1

Â