Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

9 minutes ago, Awol said:

I know European football clubs love the media but this level of disclosure seems unlikely mid-negotiations. Are they leaving the room to call Fabrizio? 

Oh nah, I'm not saying the rumour is true, more the suggestions that he may not be worth the wage hike

46 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Another Sanson, then?

I read him as More of another Luiz but better INA defensive role and with more composure.

Maybe thinking Dougie isn't going to sign a new contract and will be off in the summer and getting his replacement in beforehand? Equally, able to share the role of the defensive midfielder before we move for Bissouma at a much reduced price in the summer.🤞

5 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Starting to think he could be Luiz' replacement 

Definitely, but not sure we are in a rush to sell Luiz, I think he will be given a chance in a preferred position after the window shuts and if we sign Bantancur. I would suggest Sanson is ahead of Luiz for consideration of sale, but think anyone who doesnt measure up will be significantly upgraded anyway, thats how roll these days. It wouldn't surprise me if both departed in the Summer, we would have a embarrassment of riches in midfield and I think the ambition would dictate we dont rest on our laurels.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, barry'sboots said:

I read him as More of another Luiz but better INA defensive role and with more composure.

Maybe thinking Dougie isn't going to sign a new contract and will be off in the summer and getting his replacement in beforehand? Equally, able to share the role of the defensive midfielder before we move for Bissouma at a much reduced price in the summer.🤞

Apparently Dougie hasnt been offered a new contract yet, he may be pleased to sign one if its offered. There is always this whisper that the club would listen to offers though - Roma in the Summer, Arse or Newcastle in this window?

The translation in the @ link says the below. Juve seem keen to complete so they can get on with their business. I’ve seen some other Villa fan on Twitter saying he’s legit heard that we’ve walked away from the deal.

Juventus awaits the offer of Aston Villa for Rodrigo Bentancur: 25 million euros are coming from Steven Gerrard's line-up, with the company that today seems willing to formulate it concretely. 35% of the sale is due to previous agreements to Boca Juniors but in front of such a proposal, Juve could give up. To understand what Aaron Ramsey will do, if he accepts a proposal from the Premier League since he ended up out of the team in fact in Turin. Stalemate for Arthur at Arsenal (the formula does not change), so Juve waits for signals from Birmingham before unlocking the offer for Nahitan Nandez. Cagliari asks for 2 million euros and 15 for the redemption obligation, Juve puts on the plate the right but also the loan of Kaio Jorge and potentially also that of the young Filippo Ranocchia.

2 hours ago, nepal_villan said:

Those that follow Juve and Serie A for the most part say that he is not an out and out number 6.  Either Gerrard is not so fixed on a "destroyer" midfielder like all of us are or  this is more an improvement on Luiz and Sanson.

I dont think Gerrard has any interest in a destroyer in midfield which people expected he would want because he was a centre midfielder himself

Steven Davis was his deepest midfielder at Rangers

5 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The translation in the @ link says the below. Juve seem keen to complete so they can get on with their business. I’ve seen some other Villa fan on Twitter saying he’s legit heard that we’ve walked away from the deal.

Juventus awaits the offer of Aston Villa for Rodrigo Bentancur: 25 million euros are coming from Steven Gerrard's line-up, with the company that today seems willing to formulate it concretely. 35% of the sale is due to previous agreements to Boca Juniors but in front of such a proposal, Juve could give up. To understand what Aaron Ramsey will do, if he accepts a proposal from the Premier League since he ended up out of the team in fact in Turin. Stalemate for Arthur at Arsenal (the formula does not change), so Juve waits for signals from Birmingham before unlocking the offer for Nahitan Nandez. Cagliari asks for 2 million euros and 15 for the redemption obligation, Juve puts on the plate the right but also the loan of Kaio Jorge and potentially also that of the young Filippo Ranocchia.

Link please?

28 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Starting to think he could be Luiz' replacement 

I don't think they play the same role.  There are similarities between them for sure.  But I think at least short term (if he signs) we'll see Luiz pushed further forward and Bentancur taking the slightly deeper role.  Of course that does leave Luiz, McGinn and JJ fighting for the two slots in front of Bentancur and different games might require a different combination of them.  The more I think about this the more I think that Gerrard isn't looking for what we describe as a No 6.  Even Bissouma seems to be more of a No 8 than a No 6 (even though his tackling skills are high).  I think the way we're trying to resolve our midfield issue is to be better at retaining and dominating possession and that it is more important to have three CMs who can control the ball and who read the game well rather than a "destroyer".  The opposition can't score if they don't have the ball approach as opposed to we need to stop conceding so many goals by winning more tackles in midfield.  It strikes me that Bentancour would make less tackles in a match than say Nakamba but that he'd win back the ball just as much by reading the game better and nipping in to intercept the pass before it reaches the player (or at least that is the plan!!).  But then Bentancur has far more quality on the ball and hopefully give McGinn and Luiz a bit more space so that they can be more progressive with the ball in and around the opposition half rather than midway inside our half.  IF it works then I think we could be really, really good to watch.

• Like 2

Â