Midweek Football 18/20 January

andykeenan

8 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why did we lose against Brentford, proper bogy team for us, we were pants they were better. Coulda done with those 3 points.

I do think its a game they do be up for since we took a manager and i think 4 players from them though hard to include Hogan as a player 😂

46 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He was overrated before the start of the season. Nobody mentions him now

Poor player and Brentford should dump him if they stay up

He cost them 5m plus a potential 5m in bonuses. I think he has well paid them back on the transfer fee. He was a huge part of them getting promoted. Promoted teams are not going to come up with PL quality strikers but in fairness to the guy he is earning his wages

23 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Brentford barely averaging  above a point per game 

Is that not a really good return for Brentford? They just got promoted to the PL and they don't have a big budget. Just over a point per game is PL safety. I would suspect everyone at Brentford and all Brentford fans are very happy with that 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They were really poor v Chelsea in both legs.

Still not sure of them away from home (most of their league games under Conte have been home games v bottom half teams so far) but that was obviously crucial win.

Got Chelsea away yet again at weekend. If they get something there then suddenly Chelsea becomes a real target.

Haven't spurs got a record vs Chelsea akin to ours vs utd? 

So yeah would be huge if they can get a result 

16 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

He cost them 5m plus a potential 5m in bonuses. I think he has well paid them back on the transfer fee. He was a huge part of them getting promoted. Promoted teams are not going to come up with PL quality strikers but in fairness to the guy he is earning his wages

Pukki, Watkins, Bamford, Glenn Murray, Lambert all hit double figures on coming into the Premier League from the Championship. For a guy bigging himself up before the start of the season he hasnt shown anything really at this level

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Rodgers will be gone soon enough. Leicester the ultimate bottle jobbers.

A few more defeats on the spin - likely now that they've had their Wolves moment and morale/belief nosedives - and he'll be out the door, much like Deano.

If he times it right, he could go to Everton. Imagine that: From one ex-Liverpool manager to another. The meltdown would be priceless.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Is that not a really good return for Brentford? They just got promoted to the PL and they don't have a big budget. Just over a point per game is PL safety. I would suspect everyone at Brentford and all Brentford fans are very happy with that 

Well yeah but they are only one bad run from being sucked into a relegation battle.

Table doesn't tell the whole story at the moment. We have no idea how it will look once teams starts playing their games in hand.

Edited by villalad21

For Brentford to go down it would take 2 of the utterly shit teams to go on a run they're still giving no indication that they will go on, the idea that Burnley with 1 win all season will win their 5 games in hand... 

They'll be absolutely fine, it's been a good season for them 

1 hour ago, Phil Silvers said:

Anyone know if the Arsenal v Liverpool game is going ahead tonight?

ace-ventura-pet-detective.gif

Apparently Arsenal are complaining about fixture congestion, so to solve the problem they have sent 7 players and 4 coaching staff on loan to Turkey, and Klopp's entire team is testing positive in a statistical miracle.

• Like 2

Â