Midweek Football 18/20 January

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Who's the bigger £100m flop, Lukaku or Grealish?

Both have same issue, both have a manager that either doesn't want them or doesn't know how to play them 

Probably be a sensible swap all around 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Who's the bigger £100m flop, Lukaku or Grealish?

Lukaku I think. I understand grealish struggling a bit with pep ball cos it's very different to what he played at villa. Don't think there's any reason why Lukaku shouldn't be firing. Shit attitude. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Lukaku I think. I understand grealish struggling a bit with pep ball cos it's very different to what he played at villa. Don't think there's any reason why Lukaku shouldn't be firing. Shit attitude. 

I don’t think it’s a bad attitude with Lukaku tbh, they team haven’t got a clue how to play to his strengths, but his first touch is atrocious. I think it’s a combination of him not quite as good as most think and the system.

20 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t think it’s a bad attitude with Lukaku tbh, they team haven’t got a clue how to play to his strengths, but his first touch is atrocious. I think it’s a combination of him not quite as good as most think and the system.

I dont understand why a lot of managers assume he is a targetman which nullifies his ability. Get chances in the box he will score, put the ball on for him to run onto he will do well. No he is big lets see if he can hold it up

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont understand why a lot of managers assume he is a targetman which nullifies his ability. Get chances in the box he will score, put the ball on for him to run onto he will do well. No he is big lets see if he can hold it up

Said in another thread the other day 6ft 3" 18 stone Michael Owen

He's a first touch finish striker who has great movement and acceleration, his goals vs Russia in the euros is Lukakus game IMO especially the 2nd goal 

Just now, MakemineVanilla said:

I always think of St Pauli as the Millwall of Germany, and who likewise, occasionally enjoy a foray into the top tier.

They definitely dont have the same political opinions for a start 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, robby b said:

I usually want Man Utd to lose (as they're my 'least favourite' team) but I think I want them to win tonight so that we stay in 13th. Otherwise we'll slip down a place.

Think bigger, we have to aim to catch Utd. 2 draws will do tonight.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robby b said:

I usually want Man Utd to lose (as they're my 'least favourite' team) but I think I want them to win tonight so that we stay in 13th. Otherwise we'll slip down a place.

The only scenario that I can think of where I could imagine myself hoping United would win, would be where the result would ensure Villa qualified for Europe.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Think bigger, we have to aim to catch Utd. 2 draws will do tonight.

Ooh I will love it if we catch Utd! Love it!

OK, a draw for them v Brentford tonight and a very temporary 14th place🤝  (But I don't want to see us still in 14th or lower at the end of the weekend, ok? Or I'll be a little cross). 😮

• Like 1

Â