Formula One - 2022

BOF

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

The car was a mile away, not sure the driver was. As I have said, a lesser talented driver could have won in that car. Adrian Newey is the genius of aero dynamics, probably how they broke that budget.

Perez didn't win though did he? Not even been close to Max. And he has the same car.

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

They either need to accept that they need to start racing in rainy conditions but it will be a bit more dangerous, or change the cars/tyres to make it safer to drive in the wet. 

Seemingly every time we potentially have a wet race it’s too unsafe. 

Before the last couple of seasons I can only think of two races in my lifetime that were delayed or red flagged for rain. We’ve had, what, 3 this season alone?

Yep I agree. Just let them race in every condition. Give them super-wet tyres or something to make it safer if they actually want it to be safer.

5 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

The car was a mile away, not sure the driver was. As I have said, a lesser talented driver could have won in that car. Adrian Newey is the genius of aero dynamics, probably how they broke that budget.

Perez has the same car.........

I am not one who thinks that Max , Horner and Red Bull are pure evil. I think Max is miles ahead as a driver and his second championship is well deserved but not sure he should have won it today. Max didn't think he had and neither did Horner. Should have been reduced points as everyone had thought it would be.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

when is the "Red Bull totes didnt break the budget cap" announcement due?

I don’t know but I expect they’ve convinced the initial £50m overspend was on things like sustainability, infrastructure at their factory, covid 19, charity donations and other places that will be exempt from the cap.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I don’t know but I expect they’ve convinced the initial £50m overspend was on things like sustainability, infrastructure at their factory, covid 19, charity donations and other places that will be exempt from the cap.

50m overspend, blimey, didnt see that number banded around, thats a huge amount over, most people are talking 5-8m ish (the 5% at the low end of over the cap).

Will be interesting to see what the reports actually say.

It is shocking though (if true), as many have said, 3-5m is almost a full years worth of car development, even 5% overspend is a huge, huge thing in terms of car development, you just cant have team doing that......if it is true.

Edited by MaVilla

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

50m overspend, blimey, didnt see that number banded around, thats a huge amount over, most people are talking 5-8m ish (the 5% at the low end of over the cap).

Will be interesting to see what the reports actually say.

It is shocking though (if true), as many have said, 3-5m is almost a full years worth of car development, even 5% overspend is a huge, huge thing in terms of car development, you just cant have team doing that......if it is true.

I just made that number up, sorry.

I just suspect that Red Bull lawyers will have worn the FIA down with millions of documents putting any potential overspent money into a whole variety of loopholes and exempt pots.

• Like 1

I think comparisons between first and 2nd drivers are quite useful. I do agree though that car development will favour the no1 driver in terms of trying to make a car best fitting his style if there is a clash of choices. 

So they did break the budget cap. And are acting surprised about it. 

When the championship winning team are the only team to spend over the cap, doesn't it make a complete mockery of it all?

An utter sham of a title last year. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DCJonah said:

When the championship winning team are the only team to spend over the cap, doesn't it make a complete mockery of it all?

And this year. An overspend will help in the development of the existing car too.

• Like 2

Not saying this to be anti-Max, or pro-Lewis, but the correct punishment should be a point’s deduction. 

A fine for a team with unlimited funds is a piss take. 

They need to make an example of Red Bull (and Aston Martin).

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

Not saying this to be anti-Max, or pro-Lewis, but the correct punishment should be a point’s deduction. 

A fine for a team with unlimited funds is a piss take. 

They also need to make an example of Red Bull (and Aston Martin).

Yep. Otherwise as others have said, it's just a tax to pay for winning. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DCJonah said:

FIA reporting minor offence 5% over budget. Problem is the budget is 145m so that's like 7m which don't seem minor to the other teams. Mercedes apparently spend £128m.

• Like 2