Formula One - 2022

BOF

13 minutes ago, Genie said:

The race was scored full points wasn’t it? I’m sure i’ve heard them mention that. 

Yes but seemingly according to the rules it shouldn't have been. But I'm sure the FIA are right. They don't make mistakes.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yes but seemingly according to the rules it shouldn't have been. But I'm sure the FIA are right. They don't make mistakes.

It’ll be interesting if someone does dust off the rule book again and it gets awkward.

Sky we’re saying because it restarted after the red flag then it’s full points, but they didn’t seem to be convinced.

18 hours ago, BOF said:

Interesting to see what Williams do now. Will they bring in Sargeant or give Mick a lifeline. 

According to the German papers yesterday, he’s getting a Haas contract extension. It’s going to be announced at the US GP in 2 weeks. 

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Are the FIA still blaming Gasly for the tractor incident, for driving too quickly under a red flag?

Wait until they find out that he has a secret bellybutton piercing. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Wait until they find out that he has a secret bellybutton piercing. 

I dunno. I heard his nickname in the paddock is Prince Albert.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

this has been a terrible F1 season

Just like every F1 season so. It's not a sport, it's an equation with a rulebook written in crayon. They might as well just have a virtual race and save the CO2 emissions. 

Poor Verstappen, won 2 world championships in dodgy circumstances. Even if you count this one for real, it was just a farce and not really competition for the driver seeing that how far ahead the car was from other teams. The team won, not he driver. 😂

Latifi could have strolled to the Championship in that car.

They either need to accept that they need to start racing in rainy conditions but it will be a bit more dangerous, or change the cars/tyres to make it safer to drive in the wet. 

Seemingly every time we potentially have a wet race it’s too unsafe. 

Before the last couple of seasons I can only think of two races in my lifetime that were delayed or red flagged for rain. We’ve had, what, 3 this season alone?

• Like 1

After so much promise with the new cars and the first few races it's been a pretty boring season.

The stuff away from the track with Piastri, Ricciardo and now the budget cap has been far more interesting and worthy of discussion than the racing.

A sport is never in good shape when that's the case. I can't think of another major sport where this has happened recently. Maybe baseball with the cheating by the astros not long back. 

I have a tiny bit of sympathy for Max. An excellent driver who has won 2 drivers world championships and both have been shrouded in levels of uncertainty and confusion.

It’s a bit like scoring in a cup final but then waiting for VAR to confirm if it’s ok or not. By which point the moment has gone.

I hate Max with a passion, but I don't think there can be any question about the legitimacy of this world championship.

It's a bit of an awkward day today in terms of the way it came about, but he's a mile away from anyone else this season and a clear champion.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

This morning's situation where it was simultaneously too wet to drive but not wet enough for wet tyres was farcical.

Yep. The minute they started racing it was clear it was dry enough for Inters. I'm not sure why they bother giving them wet tyres

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I hate Max with a passion, but I don't think there can be any question about the legitimacy of this world championship.

It's a bit of an awkward day today in terms of the way it came about, but he's a mile away from anyone else this season and a clear champion.

Yes, no doubt from my side either. Ideally you want to finishing the last few laps knowing it secures the championship and all the fan fare that goes with it. Punch the air, do some donuts, fireworks, the whole lot.

At the second time of asking he still didn’t get it as people were debating how many points he go etc and then it was like “ok, you’re champion”.

I bet he’d have preferred to win it at the next race without the off track discussion about the rules.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

The car was a mile away, not sure the driver was. As I have said, a lesser talented driver could have won in that car. Adrian Newey is the genius of aero dynamics, probably how they broke that budget.