Formula One - 2022

BOF

Just now, HKP90 said:

As we've seen with FFP, sporting regulators have real problems confronting powerful sports teams, to the detriment of the sport.

Another big problem is the allocation of expenditure between what is and what is not in the cap.

Thats why I think it would be interesting to see total spend by each team, and then the spend which is inside the restricted area.

I suspect teams like Red Bull have a whole department for making sure money is spent on improving the car but is allocated to areas which are exempt (exploiting loopholes and grey areas in the regulations).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Another big problem is the allocation of expenditure between what is and what is not in the cap.

Thats why I think it would be interesting to see total spend by each team, and then the spend which is inside the restricted area.

I suspect teams like Red Bull have a whole department for making sure money is spent on improving the car but is allocated to areas which are exempt (exploiting loopholes and grey areas in the regulations).

The sport has always been about the fine line between bending and breaking rules I suppose. It just seems more insidious these days. Although that could be my own bias. 

1 minute ago, HKP90 said:

The sport has always been about the fine line between bending and breaking rules I suppose. It just seems more insidious these days. Although that could be my own bias. 

On a technical level yes.

The introduction of spending caps brings a new opportunity to gain an advantage.

• Like 1

On 29/10/2022 at 09:08, Stevo985 said:

Horner in being a total word removed shocker

What's really interesting is that the level of intolerance to Horner and his comments us similar to that I read on here about managers like Klopp, Mourinho etc.

Sometimes I suspect he does it for a wind up if not just the fans but other teams, mind games if you like. I am that Toto has done it in the past too.

I wonder if people at Red Bull HQ are concerned about the F1 team?

Max is supremely talented but not a very likeable person. Horner generally considered a prick by most people. 2 World titles but clouds now over both of them. 

Caught cheating but Horner comes out fighting saying they deserve an apology which will get many backs up. Horner was instrumental in pressuring Michael Masi at the end of last season.

Is there a risk cheating, and being disliked will become synonymous with the brand? 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I wonder if people at Red Bull HQ are concerned about the F1 team?

Max is supremely talented but not a very likeable person. Horner generally considered a prick by most people. 2 World titles but clouds now over both of them. 

Caught cheating but Horner comes out fighting saying they deserve an apology which will get many backs up.

Is there a risk cheating, and being disliked will become synonymous with the brand? 

Max is refusing to do interviews with sky, across the uk, German and Italian tv companies over ted kravitz asking him if he feels the drivers titles he won are tainted by the overspending

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Possibly, but it's a rebel brand - they're not selling tea or health food, they're selling massive jolts of caffeine and sugar - they like being associated with the bad boys, that's on-brand for them. Nike went through a period where they were the same.

• Like 1

Well this is the most boring race for a long time so far. Don't think there's been much movement after the start and 21 laps in everyone still running and 90% of cars are 2 seconds+ behind the car in front of them.

What is the fewest on track overtakes ever?!

54 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Keep them off it today and that winless Merc season is so close 😍

Seriously, what is your problem? I can't imagine whats caused so much hate? 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Genie said:

I was wondering that. The Medium was looking good, could have gone longer then switch to soft to finish?

It'll all boil down to whether the red bulls can make this medium last. They haven't made as much ground as I thought they might over the last twenty laps.

1 minute ago, Lichfield Dean said:

It'll all boil down to whether the red bulls can make this medium last. They haven't made as much ground as I thought they might over the last twenty laps.

I think it’ll hold on. It seems like all tyres are holding up better than predicted. 

The mediums he had on were still quite good so I don’t know why they didn’t keep going with them until they dropped off.

I’m predicting a Lewis Hamilton ear bashing of the team at the end.

• Like 2

Oddly Lewis is drifting further behind now. I would have expected him to start clawing time back back about now. 

Edit: ah, Merc are saying traffic. Still, 12 seconds is a big ask now even if the mediums do suddenly go off a cliff edge 

Edited by Lichfield Dean