Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

According to WhoScored

This season in his 5 games, he's conceded 13 goals, he's made 13 saves

In those games (from footystats.org) the xG against us was 8.3

So he's probably, on balance, done a bit better than grabbing a random fan out of the crowd

• 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Is he injured?

I haven’t heard anything, but to be honest I would rather play one of the young goalkeepers than Olsen. He is awful, and doesn’t even have the basic thing you would expect of a goalkeeper in being a good shot stopper.

• Like 1

His resume is fairly respectable having played around in Europe (Kenneth) and over 60 caps for Sweden. Yet has looked an utter disaster wherever he plays for us. Does he feel the pressure to do well when he rarely does play being the number 2. I have no idea.

Edited by The Fun Factory

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

His resume is fairly respectable having played around in Europe (Kenneth) and over 60 caps for Sweden. Yet has looked an utter disaster wherever he plays for us. Does he feel the pressure to do well when he rarely does play being the number 2. I have no idea.

has been reported before he hasnt felt good since his family got attacked last year, this might have an effect

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, WallisFrizz said:

Where is he? I don’t think hes appeared on the injury updates on the social media. I don’t rate him but I’m surprised if the youth keepers are making the bench ahead of him.

Hopefully he's packing his bags ahead of his move to Turkey in the summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Interview in a Swedish paper were he says him and his family are very happy in England, has 2 years left on his contract and has no intention of moving. Doesn't really seem all that fussed about not playing much but obviously wishes he did play more.

Obviously things can change but looks like we might be stuck with his (for a backup keeper) very large contract.

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Interview in a Swedish paper were he says him and his family are very happy in England, has 2 years left on his contract and has no intention of moving. Doesn't really seem all that fussed about not playing much but obviously wishes he did play more.

Obviously things can change but looks like we might be stuck with his (for a backup keeper) very large contract.

Just loan him out to the championship like Everton did.

I assume he's living down here now compared to the wild North west which was obviously a traumatic event to go through.

Just now, VillaChris said:

I assume he's living down here now compared to the wild North west which was obviously a traumatic event to go through.

Club still need to pick up a likely rather big portion of his supposed £50k/w salary if we do. On top of whatever we have to pay the guy who becomes our new #2 keeper.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

He was loaned by Roma not Everton

Are we certain we can replace him with a keeper that is better?  He might not be the best, but no half decent keeper is going to come here to be backup. And Emery seemingly likes two keepers on the bench, so even if we managed to get a better 2nd choice keeper, he's surely good enough to be 3rd choice?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

Did his agent send you his contract details or did he give them to you direct? ;)

Edit: on a serious note I think it’s fine for him to be around the squad another year while we see if Sinisalo is as promising as he looks…

Edited by Adam2003

For me it's partly that he is the starting keeper for the Swedish national side and will be as long as Andersson is the manager. Even if he doesn't get a second of football he will still start for Sweden and that's not ideal.

He wasn't a terrible keeper up until that robbery. Never looked the same after that sadly.

26 minutes ago, sne said:

For me it's partly that he is the starting keeper for the Swedish national side and will be as long as Andersson is the manager. Even if he doesn't get a second of football he will still start for Sweden and that's not ideal.

He wasn't a terrible keeper up until that robbery. Never looked the same after that sadly.

Is Sweden managed by Gareth Southgate?

Â