Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not much to do today, but he didn't put a foot wrong.

Fair play, was dreading him starting.

He did dally a couple of times on the ball and then have to panic and boot it out of play, but those are very minor things.

Was much more like it today - solid overall. 

9 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

He’s done very well, but I can’t stop to chat now I’ve got a Spurs pal of mine to chat to. 

All mine seen to not be picking up the phone or not responding to messages for some reason

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This man also deserves credit.

With the non stop pelters he's taken.

I've BEEN saying, being a backup keeper on such a big stage isn't easy.

He is an International keeper, it's obvious nerves were just shot and our fans to be fair don't help much.

Confidence, feeling apart of the team and support is key.

Well done Olsen!

Yeah for sure. He has been bad and desperately needed a good performance - I think Emery made a bold move in sticking with him today but the faith that he showed in Olsen played its part. He was a lot more assured. 

Commanded the box much better today and didn’t seem stuck to the line and slow to move around the box as he has been doing.

This meant any balls over the top he could easily handle. defending deeper did help this. 

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Awful with his feet, but his goalkeeping skills today were pretty solid. Has done Unai a big favour today by justifying a tricky selection.

He made a brilliant pass into midfield today towards Buendia that Xavi would be proud of

On 17/07/2022 at 10:00, M_Afro said:

This guy deserves a bump. He was excellent today. If Emi gets injured we have a great deputy to come in and fill the role. Great to see.

credit, where its due.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AVTuco said:

Maybe now we can be a little bit calmer in case Emi doesn't play all games. I hope Robin gets some cup games.

Its bloody calmed me down, from my transfer window woes.

Good man management from Unai to pick him again even after Emi arrived. 

Olsen took the reps with the squad and while it’s not his forte, looked better coming out and claiming (despite some sketchy claims in the first half). 

Better to believe in him and keep him ready to come in than to trash him and bring in a drunken Emi. 

Edited by DJBOB
  • Like 1

Â