Lucas Digne

villan-scott

He may be my player of the season so far. Other are taking all of the plaudits goal and assist wise, but this man turns up game after game and is delivering consistent 8/10 performances for 90 minutes twice a week with no real option to rest him.

I don’t feel concerned when teams attack him, and when that ball lands at his feet in the final third on the left hand side, you know something good is about to happen……

Definitely earning his wages at the moment 😉

• Like 1

He's been excellent and is now looking like the player with all the international caps for France we spent a lot of money on. I get why Moreno was picked ahead of him when Emery first bought Alex, but having been forced to get the best out of Digne, he's now repaying that faith. It's good because we don't have to rush Moreno back, and then we'll have two similarly excellent but different left backs we can call on depending on the type of game.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Going to need a breather soon. Very pleasantly surprised by how good he's been. Also bodes well as I think Moreno coming back will make us even more deadly on that left hand side.

He's not playing internationally is he? So he's just off the back of a 2 week break and the international break before that wasn't that long ago so hopefully he should be fine until Moreno is back to give us another option.

1 hour ago, Risso said:

He's been excellent and is now looking like the player with all the international caps for France we spent a lot of money on. I get why Moreno was picked ahead of him when Emery first bought Alex, but having been forced to get the best out of Digne, he's now repaying that faith. It's good because we don't have to rush Moreno back, and then we'll have two similarly excellent but different left backs we can call on depending on the type of game.

Playing under Gerrard is never going to give a player a chance to shine. Unai is the best thing that has happened to a lot of our players, including Digne.

I bet if you asked him he would say this is the best coaching he has had in his career. When he came he was a flat track bully. Now he can mix it with most of them. And he is an athlete. Really good energy week in week out especially as he has had to play most minutes. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I bet if you asked him he would say this is the best coaching he has had in his career. When he came he was a flat track bully. Now he can mix it with most of them. And he is an athlete. Really good energy week in week out especially as he has had to play most minutes. 

I think he'll be even better if he was playing with JJ down the left week in week out. JJ really is an outstanding player. I don't think half of our fan base realise how good he is defensively on top of his clear attacking talents. His mobility and stamina too. JJ is maybe 12 months or so away from being by far the best player at the club. 

So if Dinge had him down the left every week. It'd be even more attacking approach knowing there's real cover there. 

56 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think he'll be even better if he was playing with JJ down the left week in week out. JJ really is an outstanding player. I don't think half of our fan base realise how good he is defensively on top of his clear attacking talents. His mobility and stamina too. JJ is maybe 12 months or so away from being by far the best player at the club. 

So if Dinge had him down the left every week. It'd be even more attacking approach knowing there's real cover there. 

You don't have to sell JJ to me. I would say that we are doing so well despite JJ being out rather than because we have another player in his position. 

I am clinging to the hope that this will do both him and Moreno  good having a huge rest and that they will come back stronger than ever ready to explode in the second half of the season.

Anyway. Digne. Top man. Top professional. He was most likely gone until Acuna got the hammy injury  . But just got on with it and has got better and better. 

• Like 1

Generally speaking he’s been excellent and more than warranting his spot in the first XI irrespective of Moreno being out.

But man I reckon part of him can’t wait for Moreno to come back just so he can get a bit of rest, has played a lot of minutes this season already.

Â