Lucas Digne

villan-scott

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Moreno will have his work cut out for him trying to get back into the side

We'll just rotate with 3 games a week. Moreno is better at VP but worth remembering in the run in Digne actually started at Anfield (Moreno came on and picked up the long term injury).

It's honestly not a position worth disrupting until January if the Acuna move has fallen through and the standard of targets is now Nuno Tavares.

Probably more likely in January to pick up a more long term player aswell.

• Like 1

On 25/08/2023 at 16:21, The_Steve said:

For all his attacking prowess, I think those boots are too flashy, and a better team/manager would have exploited that. 

His hair looks a bit stupid too in my opinion. 

• Haha 3

Looks like we are sticking with Digne for now then. Obviously cannot get the target(s) we wanted in that position for now.

Sensible really as Digne isn't the worst in that position. I think it's mainly down to wages is why we have tried to offload him.

56 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Looks like we are sticking with Digne for now then. Obviously cannot get the target(s) we wanted in that position for now.

Sensible really as Digne isn't the worst in that position. I think it's mainly down to wages is why we have tried to offload him.

"Isn't the worst"

Strange way to say above average premier league left back as a backup. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Sensible really as Digne, above average premier league left back, as a backup in that position. I think it's mainly down to wages is why we have tried to offload him.

16 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

"Isn't the worst"

Strange way to say above average premier league left back as a backup. 

I think isn't the worst worked better?

Fair play to him, looked like the club wanted to replace him but he's worked hard and took his opportunity. It's not a given that Moreno gets straight back in if Digne keeps up his current form. They're both good at different things though so gives us good options 🙂

• Like 4

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

Fair play to him, looked like the club wanted to replace him but he's worked hard and took his opportunity. It's not a given that Moreno gets straight back in if Digne keeps up his current form. They're both good at different things though so gives us good options 🙂

Which is exactly where we need to be in terms of quality competition for places 

• Like 2

I have to say that I did not expect him to show the character he has, step up and fight for his place. He deserves a massive amount of credit and respect for that. It would've been all too easy to let his head drop and skulk off elsewhere. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I have to say that I did not expect him to show the character he has, step up and fight for his place. He deserves a massive amount of credit and respect for that. It would've been all too easy to let his head drop and skulk off elsewhere. 

It’s exactly the kind of attitude that is really worth highlighting. So glad we are moving beyond those who just down tools and moan when they aren’t playing or just don’t care much when they are. Aptitude is everything. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s exactly the kind of attitude that is really worth highlighting. So glad we are moving beyond those who just down tools and moan when they aren’t playing or just don’t care much when they are. Aptitude is everything. 

I dare say that it's a reflection of the squad at large. The group mentality is very important and can rub off on players - if it's shit like it was the last couple of seasons around the time of relegation, then it's a lot harder for players. 

• Like 2

Â