Lucas Digne

villan-scott

I don’t agree with the sale of Digne but I understand it. Clearly No 1 LB is Moreno so holding another player on big wages doesn’t make sense. If we can get a good replacement for less wages and a smaller transfer fee I think it makes sense! 

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

It's reportedly a loan to buy so there will be a fee. If this is true, you'd hope it's a mandatory fee. Otherwise we'd be silly to let him go with Moreno still out. 

I assume if his salary can be covered and there is a good structure to the loan fee + buy option for example £4m loan fee + option to buy for £12m. So the total equates to his remaining amortisation with us. It's a good deal. 

21 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I don’t agree with the sale of Digne but I understand it. Clearly No 1 LB is Moreno so holding another player on big wages doesn’t make sense. If we can get a good replacement for less wages and a smaller transfer fee I think it makes sense! 

Digne probably wants to play week in week out too so he can get a chance to be in France squad for Euros 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

And yet he is playing really well for us at the same time.

I'd keep him until Moreno gets fit.

People were going on about him downing tools but yesterday was arguably his best performance for the club. Maybe he was more relaxed due to knowing he's leaving us I don't know.

Not like this Acuna deal is easy given we've been seriously linked to him for a week and still there's been no fee agreed. He also started for them tonight so not like they're just going to give Monchi a freebie by looks of it.

• Like 3

I'd be surprised if it's not an obligation to buy loan deal, wouldn't make sense otherwise with us in a position of 3 high earning senior left backs next season.

Digne is a good player, but not suited to how emery sets us up.

• Like 1

If it's a loan, then for me, it has to be with an obligation to buy and with them covering all of his salary during the loan period. If not, he stays where he is. We have to stop being the Nice guys when it comes to loans, we've been stung too many times in the past. 

• Like 1

My gut on this is Digne wants to stay in Europe and play to try get into France squad next summer. It's why he's not interested in Saudi money right now. 

So we give Nice option to buy, we also know next summer he'd be open to Saudi. So if we loan now and have most of his salary/amortisation for this season covered we're good. 

2 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Option to buy is pointless.

He will be back at VP next season.

Then he'll have less amortisation left and we can sell him for £11m and we're in clear. He'll be open to Saudi next summer too

Might be a player thing too. 

Guaranteed starter at Nice back home with a chance of getting into the Euros. 

I agree it doesn’t make a lot of sense to be trying to sell him but as we’ve seen with Philogene, it’s not only what the club wants to do. 

2 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Then he'll have less amortisation left and we can sell him for £11m and we're in clear. He'll be open to Saudi next summer too

Or have 3 LB's on big salaries, Digne a year older and no guarantee that he can be sold next year.

It has got to be obligation to buy.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Or have 3 LB's on big salaries, Digne a year older and no guarantee that he can be sold next year.

It has got to be obligation to buy.

No guarantee we can sell any player. Doesn't mean we don't buy in players. 

Â