Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah I wonder if photoshopped, mainly cos I don’t buy that Digne was just chatting about his impending transfer with some random. (But re the floating hand, he’s just doing a thumbs up but sideways)

His hand doesn’t look real though!

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

We need some sort of functioning back 4 for Sunday.

If Acuna isn't signed in time then no idea who plays there. If it's Pau then centre is Konsa-Carlos (which will disappoint 99% on here who want Cash dropped).

Maybe Revan can play there ?

• Shocked 1

13 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Worst photoshop ever surely?!

Look at the hand floating in mid-air?!

The idea that someone might bother to photoshop themselves with Digne is just kind weird. I mean, no disrespect to Digne, but he's not that big of a deal. (Btw, it's not photoshopped. As for the supposed conversation about flying, who knows where that really comes from?  How do we know the image is even new? We don't.)

• Like 1

A lot of players have taken their medicals for moves to Saudi Arabia in France. So he could’ve had permission to travel there for a medical a few days before our game so it doesn’t disrupt our game plan for Sunday, and so when all the finances of the deal are sorted, he can move quickly?

8 hours ago, villaglint said:

Kind of worrying how many of our players seem to be on planes. Presumably he’ll be playing LB against Everton? 

We're not playing until Sunday so a flight to Nice and back is a short one. He was attracting interest from European clubs and Saudi. I assume he wants to try get into France squad again so wants to stay in Europe? 

I think he's a very good player. The issue is we are a system team now. We need a LB who is quick who can get up and down the whole left side. We also need a player who dribbles and carries the ball forward. Moreno does this, Acuna does this. Digne is a more a passing and crosses attacking LB, who lacks pace. 

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

We're not playing until Sunday so a flight to Nice and back is a short one. He was attracting interest from European clubs and Saudi. I assume he wants to try get into France squad again so wants to stay in Europe? 

I think he's a very good player. The issue is we are a system team now. We need a LB who is quick who can get up and down the whole left side. We also need a player who dribbles and carries the ball forward. Moreno does this, Acuna does this. Digne is a more a passing and crosses attacking LB, who lacks pace. 

I don’t think there’s any chance he gets back into the France squad,  he was very successful at Everton and worked well with Calvert Lewin his delivery was suited to that type of player.

21 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

FFP means that most fans DO care as it effects the entire spending capabilities of the club not just now but in the future.

Gone are the days of 'just spunk another 25 million, our owners are billionaires' 

Fair enough. Maybe I’m just not as invested in football or Villa as much as others to care about how much we sell our players for.  I like to believe the people in charge know what they are doing. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Fair enough. Maybe I’m just not as invested in football or Villa as much as others to care about how much we sell our players for.  I like to believe the people in charge know what they are doing. 

Transfers are hit and miss financially, digne was signed under our owners, as was big phil. I'm pretty sure the majority of Villa fans would be ecstatic if we could get back the transfer fees for both and take a combined 250k pw wages off the books in order to be able to replace them with more suitable players.

I'm sure emery, if he isn't keen on using either of them would also be, due to having more freedom to try and get who he wants.

Just like sponsorship, villa Park developments, the academy, selling unwanted or partially used expensive sognings for decent money, all of it is needed to improve our 1st team while complying with FFP.

Improving our 1st team with players who the manager wants and will use, gives us the best chance of success on the pitch, something all villa fans want.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Transfers are hit and miss financially, digne was signed under our owners, as was big phil. I'm pretty sure the majority of Villa fans would be ecstatic if we could get back the transfer fees for both and take a combined 250k pw wages off the books in order to be able to replace them with more suitable players.

I'm sure emery, if he isn't keen on using either of them would also be, due to having more freedom to try and get who he wants.

Just like sponsorship, villa Park developments, the academy, selling unwanted or partially used expensive sognings for decent money, all of it is needed to improve our 1st team while complying with FFP.

Improving our 1st team with players who the manager wants and will use, gives us the best chance of success on the pitch, something all villa fans want.

I get all that mate I just don’t care about this kind of stuff as much as others do. Maybe I’m just getting old.

It will be good for the club if they got back what they paid for Digne. I’m just not going to lose any sleep over it if they don’t.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get all that mate I just don’t care about this kind of stuff as much as others do. Maybe I’m just getting old.

It will be good for the club if they got back what they paid for Digne. I’m just not going to lose any sleep over it if they don’t.

i see the numbers SSN has us as spending this summer compared to the numbers pretty much every other news outlet has and think the numbers surrounding transfers is now as made up as the transfer links themselves

some on here and especially on social media are going to get irrationally angry over something that they have no way of fact checking, it doesn't make sense but then that irrational anger seemingly follows supporting football clubs

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I get you, it didn't really come into my thinking until I expected us to spend 100 to 150 million each season improving our team once we came back up and then realising there's no chance of that happening especially now we are in Europe, unless we are wiser with our transfer buying and selling. Something we have been terrible at for a long time.

• Like 1

Â