Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Crying is an exaggeration and I understand his points - just strikes me as a mental weakness that he won’t be able to surpass Digne

Well that just about confirms everyone’s belief that he wasn’t interested in fighting for his position. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

23 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Well that just about confirms everyone’s belief that he wasn’t interested in fighting for his position. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

I think his was role was changed by Stevie G. He wanted him to provide width going forward. Even if Target got back in the team he was ill suited to such a deployment.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

I think his was role was changed by Stevie G. He wanted him to provide width going forward. Even if Target got back in the team he was ill suited to such a deployment.

Yeah I’ve always assumed he saw the writing on the wall in terms of the changes being made by SG. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hippo said:

Yet incredibly Targett has a goal and an assist more than Digne this season 

On 14/02/2022 at 08:04, hippo said:

You might want to check his stats for the Newcastle game.

Lost the ball more than any other villa player.

That doesn't surprise me, I thought his passing was atrocious in that game. I remember one he whacked into someone at knee height.

9 hours ago, Tom13 said:

That doesn't surprise me, I thought his passing was atrocious in that game. I remember one he whacked into someone at knee height.

It was the lowest of our players,68%

Looking at his stats, 3 of his last 5 games his passing is in the mid 60% area. One game this season he had an impressive 56% pass accuracy

Edited by Zatman
  • Shocked 1

On 15/02/2022 at 12:25, Wainy316 said:

Has two good games and everyone says he's and upgrade.

Has one bad game and now he's not an upgrade.

Anyone who watches football knows Digne is an upgrade on Targett before he kicked a ball for Villa. 

He's a far better player

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

another shocker from the upgrade at left back, another game that he assaulted Watford players with crosses

Yes he is not helped by having no winger but I expect a lot more

It’s quite odd. He was great the first couple of games and seems to have dropped drastically in form. 

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

Targett had a great game for Newcastle. They seem to really rate him.

Dinge has to improve a lot to even be where Targett was at. 

Not really.  Targett was woeful for us.  Digne has continued that trait. Maybe its not the players' faults... 

• Like 1

So disappointed in what I saw today. First live game I’ve seen him play…..can’t see how he is in any way better than target. Doesn’t stop crosses coming in, can’t beat a man, won’t run into space with the ball, can’t cross, no pace, others seemingly have no confidence to give him the ball either…..if this is value for 25m…..please ship out the recruitment team asap! 40 caps for France?? Ffs. What have we done to him? 

Tbh I will never get why Targett has been vilified. Yes he’s had a shit season, but so has literally every player except Ramsey. Not sure why he was the one who was singled out to be replaced. I get Digne at £25m seemed a good opportunity but now I’m not so sure about that. 

6 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

It’s quite odd. He was great the first couple of games and seems to have dropped drastically in form. 

Happens more often than you think. Hence why people should wait a couple of games at least before starting to make conclusions about a player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

Tbh I will never get why Targett has been vilified. Yes he’s had a shit season, but so has literally every player except Ramsey. Not sure why he was the one who was singled out to be replaced. I get Digne at £25m seemed a good opportunity but now I’m not so sure about that. 

It does seem seem a bit odd that last years player of the season - is allowed to leave (for only a loan fee)  mid season , and to a relegation threatened team.

I could understand if they said "we want targett ..name your price"  - but we've let him go for nominal money - and his big money replacement looks no better.

Very poor decision making by the club

40 minutes ago, hippo said:

It does seem seem a bit odd that last years player of the season - is allowed to leave (for only a loan fee)  mid season , and to a relegation threatened team.

I could understand if they said "we want targett ..name your price"  - but we've let him go for nominal money - and his big money replacement looks no better.

Very poor decision making by the club

I'm not sold on letting him go on loan without an obligation to buy, but lets not pretend "player of the season" means anything! I'd have happily sold Stephen Ireland the year after he won.

Â