Yves Bissouma

Corleone

24 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he was going to be charged Brighton would know and wouldn’t have been playing him. Would look very bad on them otherwise. 

I don’t think we’re signing him anyway. 

I think that you are overestimating the moral fibre of football clubs.

On the second part of your post. I hope so.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

After 8 months surely the police would have cleared him if thats the case

If it's anything like my stolen car from a few years ago the officers in charge have probably been changed at least 3 or 4 times since then and are probably barely aware the case exists.

36 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

If he was going to be charged Brighton would know and wouldn’t have been playing him. Would look very bad on them otherwise. 

I dont think so. Sunderland continued to play Adam Johnson for months when they knew he was guilty

4 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

so your saying he's on bail for aggregated assault with a deadly weapon? 

Thats a funny name for it....

12 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

For the millionth time.

The other bloke has had his bail extended. Again. Bissouma was released with no bail ages ago and so he will remain “under investigation” until the case is closed but it’s quite obvious there is no or very little evidence against him. 

To be released under investigation still means the police suspect you may be guilty. That’s the literal legal definition of that term, as is easy to look up. 

Not relevant to us anyway as we won’t be signing him but just since I’m seeing this point repeated as if bail would make him ‘more likely’ to be guilty. Not how it works.

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

By that I meant in terms of social media and publicity. If it turns out Brighton played him while he was guilty it will be a disaster for them commercially.

I'm not sure it will really. Especially if they've already sold him. Innocent until proven guilty doesn't mean much in the eyes of the Twitterati, but it would be a much bigger issue for the club that signs him.

If he's still on their books they'd obviously have to try and shift him, but given he'd likely be in prison if found guilty, they wouldn't be able to play him.  How they handle it from there would really matter.

1 minute ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Not too worried about that. I think that there is better value out there for a player like him. Maybe even just use Luiz in that 8 position. He's about as good as Bissouma.

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Not too worried about that. I think that there is better value out there for a player like him. Maybe even just use Luiz in that 8 position. He's about as good as Bissouma.

I am slightly disappointed, he is a really good player. I am guessing we moved on due to the player's reluctance to join us.

Never mind, as you say--plenty of excellent alternatives out there.

• Like 2

Â