Yves Bissouma

Corleone

37 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I would hope the police know more than Aston Villa and so far they have seen it fit to extend his bail into this month from initial arrest in October.

While that remains the case, the risk is certainly not zero. 

You haven't added an important 'fact'. He is no longer on bail. That was cancelled on January 4th.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

In relation to this would Bissouma really have been allowed to leave the country if he was guilty or criminal proceedings were to be brought against him?

I’ve never been on bail but I think if you are then a requirement is reporting to a police station at set times/dates? 

Edit: see @villabromsgrove above. He’s not on bail at all! 

Edited by Awol

Just now, Awol said:

I’ve never been on bail but I think if you are then a requirement is reporting to a police station at set times/dates? 

The starting point for us all is the right to unconditional bail. If the Court has concerns over things like interfering with witnesses, commit further crimes while on bail, not respond to bail (go into hiding or skip country) then bail with conditions - to be defined by the Court - will be allowed. Finally bail may be denied for serious concerns but reasons must be given in Court. In this case I think it true to say that one ‘man’, not the player in question, has been given conditional bail. It is not clear whether the player is on unconditional bail or no bail at all. Whatever is true this suggests that the player is considered to be at lower risk than the ‘man’.

7 minutes ago, Awol said:

@PerryBarrPet Well if he’s not ‘the man’ then no way should we drop £50m on him! 

Just to make it clear the information we have, in this thread, is that two people are involved in this investigation. One is a man around 40 years old (not the player) is on conditional bail. The other is the player who is either on unconditional bail or not on bail at all. 

2 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

You haven't added an important 'fact'. He is no longer on bail. That was cancelled on January 4th.

Thanks for whatever reason I was under the impression the bail period had another week or so to run.

Edit - ignore

Edited by Mark Albrighton

As we're discussing Bissouma again I think he's a gettable target at about £40 million. I don't see any other clubs (who can afford him) bidding for him in this transfer window apart from perhaps Newcastle, which I don't believe would interest him. So £40 million plus add ons should get the deal done.

Brighton's owners are well aware that their asking price expectation will drop considerably in the summer as he will be into the last twelve months of his contract.

Therefore I think B&H will be easier to convince than Bissouma that this deal should be done.

Bissouma isn't on a huge wage, so a really good package and a selling job about Villa's ambition by SG our "player attraction magnet" may well persuade him that joining Villa along with Coutinho and Digne is a good move for him at this time. A move away from the Brighton area might suit him right now as well.

I've seen comments about other players being cheaper and better, but this is a position which we have to get right. It's our major weakness and we can't take a chance on whoever we sign not working for us, and that could happen with an imported target from another league.

Bissouma is the nearest you can get to a guarantee that we can solve our problem position. We've seen what he does week after week, so we should put maximum effort and money into making him a Villa player this transfer window.

• Like 2

If Mali get to the semi finals which is not impossible then he wont be back in the UK until after the transfer window is closed 

No way Mali are going to allow him return to England for medical etc during the tournament. Most international managers ban negotiations in tournaments

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

If Mali get to the semi finals which is not impossible then he wont be back in the UK until after the transfer window is closed 

No way Mali are going to allow him return to England for medical etc during the tournament. Most international managers ban negotiations in tournaments

you don't have to have your medical in england though, coutinho had his in france i think.

I agree with the above. He will transform us . And he will enjoy the football we play.  With him sitting we can afford to play the expansive game that Gerrard would like to play. He has eyes in the back of his head . Always seems to be in the right place and them when he isnt he has got telescopic legs for a man of 6ft to put a tackle in. He isnt a dirty player either from what i have seen. 

Just read 10 pages of the Brighton forum and they have changed from " **** villa they are shite to we will probably take the money so we can strengthen and it would not be the worst move for him as Villa are signing some really good players . All we need to hear now is Bissouma grew up with pictures of Gerrard on his bedroom wall and we are off ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

you don't have to have your medical in england though, coutinho had his in france i think.

True but I cant see us sending doctors down to Cameroon or the club having a contact down there who does medicals

59 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

From a Brighton thread...

1. Persistent rumours
2. Starting on the bench for his NT, something that sometimes happens if a player has his mind elsewhere
3. Caicedo recalled

I'm starting to get a little bit worried.

I think they're a little concerned and resigned to losing Bissouma. 

Honestly, he's the one that I want (ooh, ooh, ooh) above anybody else. He's a level above any of our current midfielders. Would make our team on paper look as strong if not stronger than Spurs/Arsenal/West Ham etc. 

You got your wish in bailey! 

you cant have 2 wishes come through in one season according to the aston villa book of curses and football hoodoos.😝

Â