Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

17 hours ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

A wonderful professional. I am sure Jhon Duran won’t forget turning around from his celebration and seeing Coutinho’s genuine happiness for him 

giphy.gif

Been suggested online that, due to his celebration, he and his partner may be expecting and Phil just found out??? Johns only 19? Is he doing a Wesley? 😆

15 hours ago, Zatman said:

Correct me if I missed something but his 18 minute cameo was a tame shot at Pickford, a small dribble and passed to left wing maybe Digne then a nice nutmeg followed by a 35 yard shot about a mile over the bar

If Buendia or Bailey had that cameo people be demanding they be released

Nice through all to Ollie who miscontrolled it! 🙄

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Been suggested online that, due to his celebration, he and his partner may be expecting and Phil just found out??? Johns only 19? Is he doing a Wesley? 😆

Wesley's kids were starting school when he turned 19

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, TRO said:

I have been posting on here for too many years to remember, and anyone who knows my stance, will know I embrace the physicality of the game, when its applied fairly....but I have to say, this trait of pushing in the back with the hands or arms, is beyond me....and it should be beyond football.

It seems to me like it has become discretionary in the eyes of the officials.....How on earth can pushing as described, be acceptable?.....I simply don't accept, the argument, that they all do it.....its fouling.....its playing the man, and not the ball.

Phil Coutinho was the victim of such a foul action on Saturday. to such extent, he lost his footing and caused what could be a serious injury....He will be out again for some time, its all wrong...its threatening his livlihood.

Now, I am all for, calling out slight challenges, or going down too easy, but that was neither, it was a deliberate attempt to disrupt the players ability through ANY means possible and warranted at least a yellow card.

We are quite accustomed to lengthy injuries from fouling, even career threating in some cases....it has to stop.

These officials should do their job, and pushing from behind with hands or arms should be outlawed....Its simply refereeing incompetence.

Creative players have always needed better protection, officials seem to spend so much time on millimetre offside calss but can't retrospectively book someone trying to kick someone out the game. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Should be back in 3 weeks but people keep wanting to convince themselves he’s ‘finished’ 🙄🙄

Well, he's been back from injury a few times since January, but instead of that leading to a period of games where he was great, it just led to the next injury.

It's not looking good TBH, the chance of him being a good or great player for Villa diminishes with each passing week. 

Edited by ender4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

Should be back in 3 weeks but people keep wanting to convince themselves he’s ‘finished’ 🙄🙄

International break break amongst that as well so will be back for Palace at home! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The_Steve said:

I thought he had a dead leg when it happened and was quite suprised by talk of lengthy injury.

Hopefully for once I was right, lad needs to get his smile back by playing good football, for us, if we can't move him on for what we paid.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

With Emi out - I feel that he might still have a bigger role to play, than what many might have expected him too. 
Not a bad player to have on the bench is he?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ChesterDad said:

With Emi out - I feel that he might still have a bigger role to play, than what many might have expected him too. 
Not a bad player to have on the bench is he?

Exactly. I don’t know people are so quick to write him off. I think he’s got something to offer still off of the bench. 

• Like 3

Pretty much everyone wants him to succeed here right?

As far as footballers go he seems like a really good guy, no doubt in the past he was one of the best in his position for a period.

Sadly his major injuries appear to have taken their toll on his physical ability. This league is demanding and it seems his body can't cope with it now.

Very sad actually as technically he's still magnificent. We just may never see it.

Edited by Hank Scorpio
  • Like 1

Â