Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Would have been available to come straight back on probably if the clowns had used a stretcher instead of walking him off the pitch. 

• Haha 2

Just now, sidcow said:

Would have been available to come straight back on probably if the clowns had used a stretcher instead of walking him off the pitch. 

Got your foot on the word removed pedal tonight haven't you?

• Shocked 1

45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

More embarrassing was the lack of stretchers and medical help.

Not just Coutinho but the Calvert Lewin situation too

43 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

On both counts embarrassing for both medical teams. Neither should be happening. 

36 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I might be wrong but I am guessing as the home team we should be providing stretchers etc.

For **** sake. If the medical team ask for a stretcher, a stretcher will be brought. They'll be there if asked for which they clearly weren't. 

The only thing embarrassing here are the silly bloody posts. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I've no idea where these hamstring theories have come from. From where I was it was pretty clear the petulant Everton player just shoved him in the back out of frustration causing him to plant his whole off balance bodyweight, at speed on a straightened extended leg. I wouldnt be at all surprised if it isn't another ACL or some kind of serious knee injury. 

Thanks for your expert insight about what the injury was and how it should be handled. Assume you are a doctor of some description? I should write to the club with the benefit of your expert opinion about what our top quality highly trained medical team are doing wrong. I'm sure they'll appreciate your input and allow the current staff to apply for clowning roles at Zippos. 

17 minutes ago, lexicon said:

What? 🤣 

Dude. Come on. 

Correct me if I missed something but his 18 minute cameo was a tame shot at Pickford, a small dribble and passed to left wing maybe Digne then a nice nutmeg followed by a 35 yard shot about a mile over the bar

If Buendia or Bailey had that cameo people be demanding they be released

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

For **** sake. If the medical team ask for a stretcher, a stretcher will be brought. They'll be there if asked for which they clearly weren't. 

The only thing embarrassing here are the silly bloody posts. 

I could see the stretchers from where I was sat in the Holte. They were next to the Everton dugout.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Correct me if I missed something but his 18 minute cameo was a tame shot at Pickford, a small dribble and passed to left wing maybe Digne then a nice nutmeg followed by a 35 yard shot about a mile over the bar

It's hard to argue that he has a very clear role in terms of plans right now. I admire his skill, as I do any elite player and I appreciate his service to the club, but he often seems to be a bit of a vestige these days. You can see the somewhat diminished talent, but where does he fit exactly? I don't see it.

43 minutes ago, blunther said:

Thanks for your expert insight about what the injury was and how it should be handled. Assume you are a doctor of some description? I should write to the club with the benefit of your expert opinion about what our top quality highly trained medical team are doing wrong. I'm sure they'll appreciate your input and allow the current staff to apply for clowning roles at Zippos. 

Where did I criticise the medical team please? Kindly highlight where I did that and I will gladly eat humble pie. 

I think you've totally misunderstood the thrust of my post. 

Edited by sidcow

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Was that your first match watching Villa? Bailey and Buendia have had worse cameos than his today, and in situations where we're chasing a game or need a spark, not one where we're 3 up and absolutely cruising. 

The problem for Coutinho is he was once an extremely expensive player and was one of the best players in the Prem, has won leagues in Spain and Germany since and has come in on reportedly big wages. The expectation due to his name was huge when we were really bringing someone in to try revive their career and get them back on track. 

I remember people on here saying we'd replaced Grealish, or that it might be one of the biggest signings in our history when he came in. If you're an injury prone player with confidence on the floor you're only going to disappoint those fans. 

23 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I could see the stretchers from where I was sat in the Holte. They were next to the Everton dugout.

It's just a ludicrous accusation. I expect it's a bare minimum requirement in even non league games. Don't non league have to have representation from at least St John's Ambulance? (who will have a stretcher). 

Edited by sidcow

Yeah I thought he looked lively too for his brief cameo, a real shame about the injury but relief is is not a bad one.

A couple of occasions he used his skill and pace to beat an opposing player. Some nice touches and he was involved and making things happen even though the match was won; when he came off the match died and there was no play from Villa.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

Can’t we just enjoy a good victory today rather than arguing about pointless stuff?

🤷‍♂️

Totally agree but if people literally attack the quality of our medical staff or accuse the club of failing in it's duty to provide adequate facilities I'll call it out if we've won 4 nil or lost 4 nil. 

Â