Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, SecretVillaScout said:

Maybe you're saying he's done because you looking at a number(Age) rather than looking at his ability.
I dont think we should be writing him off yet, Emery can make him whole again. 
Adam Lallana is a good player for Brighton and he's like 4 years older than Coutinho. No reason Coutinho cant have the same impact for Villa. 

I'm not at all. I'm looking at how he's been playing for us for several months now.

• Like 1

If we get an offer in the summer then i would probably sell. Just because of the salary. Nothing else. But   i dont think he will go. In terms of home life he is   happy here it seems. So its up to our coaching and physio team to get him playing and keep him fit. Talent is there.  Look how McGinn dipped under Gerrard.  No reason why a fit Couthinho cannot be a massive threat . 

6 hours ago, Tom13 said:

He has top ability, but he's done as a top player IMO.

It is all about opinions, my one is different to yours on this, but it will be UE's that will determine where he spends next season. I hope it is with us, I can't get enough of seeing him in our shirt myself. 

• Like 2

On 13/01/2023 at 22:04, gwi1890 said:

Far from done here

I am sure he is capable of fulfilling a role for Emery.

Gerrard obviously had the belief that he could add some real quality to an ordinary team, which he did initially, but the opposition learned to crowd him out.

He would have to change his game slightly to fit in Emery's way of playing.

On 06/04/2023 at 16:06, mjmooney said:

Blimey, where have you been hiding all this time? 

Frequent reader but rare poster Mike. 😀

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Can smell a Saudi deal in his future and if we can rinse them for every penny bring it on

Already shown its not about the money for him. I just do not see him either leaving his wife and kids to go and play for the money  or moving them there from beautiful sutton Coldfield 

15 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Already shown its not about the money for him. I just do not see him either leaving his wife and kids to go and play for the money  or moving them there from beautiful sutton Coldfield 

Maybe he could commute form there to Riyadh? Didn’t Robert Pires used to get driven up from London everyday for training?

Edited by duke313

32 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Maybe he could commute form there to Riyadh? Didn’t Robert Pires used to get driven up from London everyday for training?

theres-a-name-ive-not-heard-in-many-year

• Haha 1

Can’t see him getting fit enough or in enough of a rhythm to really affect the remainder of the season unfortunately. A fully fit Coutinho is an asset for sure, whether it be from the bench or playing the first 60 minutes of matches. I’d love to see what he could do with a run of games in an Emery side. 

Not sure what happens in the Summer. I like him, but he’s on huge wages and his injury record is poor. I think the wages could be better spent on a new signing but it’s not as if he is in his mid 30’s. He’s still young enough to get up to a very high level of playing. I’m sure the club will be open to sensible offers. 

• Like 3

On 07/04/2023 at 05:07, gwi1890 said:

He had a crap attitude at times sulking when subbed in a game we were winning talking about moves away from the club, his off the field behaviour , don’t get me wrong the way he conducted him self durning his move was excellent but we all chose to ignore his flaws because of his talent. The refreshing part about our club is now nobody stands out as that individual star it’s about the team. So no I don’t want to see an individual that we rely heavily upon who enjoys the show being all about him at the club again.

What a load of absolute bollocks. 

Jack came with his flaws as all geniuses do, but he literally carried the entire club and it’s player-base to promotion back to the Pl and kept us there. 

Show some sodding gratitude. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steero113 said:

What a load of absolute bollocks. 

Jack came with his flaws as all geniuses do, but he literally carried the entire club and it’s player-base to promotion back to the Pl and kept us there. 

Show some sodding gratitude. 

I don’t question the way he carried the team but he did have bit of an ego, we’d be screwed without him and I’ll be forever grateful, but let’s not pretend that we didn’t turn a blind eye to some of the things he did. I could elaborate but I’ll leave it at that it’s obviously a sore subject to some of the fan boys on here.

• 2 weeks later...

What is actually wrong with him? 

Don't seem to have seen any announcement about his injury. Just was unexpectedly missing from a squad and not be enough seen since 

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What is actually wrong with him? 

Don't seem to have seen any announcement about his injury. Just was unexpectedly missing from a squad and not be enough seen since 

He has a bone in his leg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Â