Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Same goes with corners.

We scored from a few corners last season.

Konsa vs. Leicester

Hause vs. Utd

Targett vs. Palace

Watkins vs. City

Buendia vs. Everton

thats just off the top of my head. we werent that bad! But yeah actually thinking about it we do waste a tonne tbf aswell

We had 196 corners last season. Average across the big 5 leagues is around 3% historically (goal results from corner, not just first touch after corner), so you'd expect 6 goals on average.

Yes, I have The Google. And all of this is probably made up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

We scored from a few corners last season.

Konsa vs. Leicester

Hause vs. Utd

Targett vs. Palace

Watkins vs. City

Buendia vs. Everton

thats just off the top of my head. we werent that bad! But yeah actually thinking about it we do waste a tonne tbf aswell

That seems like a decent return tbh. If you think about it not that many teams actually score from corners.  Think about it in terms of conceding from corners and how frustrating it always is.  Always feels like could be prevented.

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

We had 196 corners last season. Average across the big 5 leagues is around 3% historically (goal results from corner, not just first touch after corner), so you'd expect 6 goals on average.

Yes, I have The Google. And all of this is probably made up.

Corners are a waste of time, Guardiola knows.

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

That seems like a decent return tbh. If you think about it not that many teams actually score from corners.  Think about it in terms of conceding from corners and how frustrating it always is.  Always feels like could be prevented.

Looking at some stats, JWP the best set piece taker according to some had taken the most corners in the league and had 24% accuracy with them

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Looking at some stats, JWP the best set piece taker according to some had taken the most corners in the league and had 24% accuracy with them

24% seems pretty good on the face of it.  Defenders have an advantage at corners for sure.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

24% seems pretty good on the face of it.  Defenders have an advantage at corners for sure.

He was actually the lowest on the top 5, Pascal Gross had 41% but from less corners 

JWP took the most in the league by a distance 

16 minutes ago, Zatman said:

What defines accuracy though in a corner? He might be putting them in the right spots but the teams aren’t attacking those areas correctly 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

JWP must be up there as one of the best direct free kick takers. 

edit: keeping on topic, Coutinho can take them.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What defines accuracy though in a corner? He might be putting them in the right spots but the teams aren’t attacking those areas correctly 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

JWP must be up there as one of the best direct free kick takers. 

edit: keeping on topic, Coutinho can take them.

I think accuracy is the cross going to your player first

The penalty miss is what it is, the crazy for me is that on the rebound he's tried to be clever and go back across where the keeper has come from but he has so much of the goal to his right that the keeper will never get there! 

The rebound is the bad miss 

Just smash it to the right rather than place it to the left 

• Like 1

It’s not a great pen, but also the Leeds keeper is off his line and should have been retaken. 
How is he looking physically? Personally it seemed that he couldn’t last the 90 last season, so will be interesting to see if he’s got sharper and stronger over the summer

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

It’s not a great pen, but also the Leeds keeper is off his line and should have been retaken. 
How is he looking physically? Personally it seemed that he couldn’t last the 90 last season, so will be interesting to see if he’s got sharper and stronger over the summer

He looked good, all ends up. 

• Like 1

With a full pre-season behind him, I hope he can now get through the full 90 minutes and not go off after 70 to 75.  Top class player and we need him on the pitch for longer if we are to rise up to the European competitions.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Sounds like both he and Bailey played well today. Fans ain’t going to wanna hear this but probably means Buendia starts season on the bench. 

Competition for places is a good thing. If they are both playing well, then when Buendia comes on he has to do something to justify the substitution. Only a good thing for us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Competition for places is a good thing. If they are both playing well, then when Buendia comes on he has to do something to justify the substitution. Only a good thing for us.

I agree. But Coutinho also best player we got. He has to start.  I’m quite excited by a front 3 of Coutinho Bailey and Ings.

• Like 2

Â