Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Bobby Bobilla gets paid $1.19 million from the New York Mets every 1st of July since 2011, and will only finish in 2035 when he is 72. He played for them for 3 seasons and retired in 2001.

That is a bit of a special case though as the Mets owner was involved in the Bernie Madoff scandal and Bonilla and his agent had him over a barrell to get about 5x what he was owed by the Mets.

16 hours ago, romavillan said:

Both keepers had a lopsided face, easy mistake to make.

I used to see Spinksy out and about in various Mere Green pubs, he always used to call me “Young ‘un”. God I’ve aged!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Got into the office today and some colleagues are saying we got a very good deal, one other colleague whose football takes are somewhat questionable said we have wasted money and we should've signed Lingard instead 😅

Update - two Arsenal fans in my office just said we only got him because nobody wanted him 🙄

5 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

No reason in particular for them to be in a bad mood this morning though I guess

I did say to them they wouldn't be feeling like this if they didn't get spanked in their derby and they walked out the office 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Sulberto21 said:

The whole of South America knows who we are now. Like really knows who we are.

Will be interesting to see who Philippe decides to tap up when he next meets up with the Brazil squad, we have fingers in a few international pies now, Argentina, France, Poland, England and Scotland to name but a few.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Yeah, he also sells sketchers.. 

Does anyone else think it sounds like "ars* fit", when Jamie Redknapp says "arch fit" on their adverts, or is it just me? :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, John said:

Will be interesting to see who Philippe decides to tap up when he next meets up with the Brazil squad, 

In before the doom mongers say fat Ronaldo 😜

35 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I remember Juninho almost happening, Sheringham almost happening, Gascoigne almost happening, being in for Lampard but I don't think it was ever close.

This is the biggest signing I can ever remember.

Totally agree. Looking back, Dean Saunders felt like a big one, Collymore also, but not as big as this.

We could be watching the World Cup final at the end of the year and the man running the show in midfield being ours! Totally unreal. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Totally agree. Looking back, Dean Saunders felt like a big one, Collymore also, but not as big as this.

We could be watching the World Cup final at the end of the year and the man running the show in midfield being ours! Totally unreal. 

This would be the craziest bit of it all!

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

I remember Juninho almost happening, Sheringham almost happening, Gascoigne almost happening, being in for Lampard but I don't think it was ever close.

You forgot Bergkamp. Deadly flew out first class on EasyJet to personally interview him. I was so shocked when he signed for Arsenal.  

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Worst one would be Juninho but Falcao and Cavani being put on a plate and MON getting Heskey leaves a bitter taste too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ferguson1 said:

Save it for the Buendia thread. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

Update - two Arsenal fans in my office just said we only got him because nobody wanted him 🙄

what they meant was, nobody wanted to be where they were in the queue......We were always in the pound seats, to sign him.

Nobody wants a player, they have no chance of signing....after he has signed for another club.

• Thanks 1

Â