Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

13 minutes ago, will87 said:

Not to sound ungrateful but 4 years for someone who to me looks to be on the decline already is a hell of a long time.

Length of contract affects amortization iirc so a longer contract helps us short term with FFP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Carbone was a great player but he wanted a ridiculous amount of money to sign for us. 

Shame he wasn't a bit more realistic in his wage negotiations. 

I remember his Debut against Spurs and the FA Cup win against Leeds but apart from that i seem to recall him going missing in a lot of games

High profile signing. Oh how things have changed for us. I am still worried about whether we can keep Buendia happy, but signing Coutinho for that money is great business.

That should bring a few other top players in, hopefully, and keep us in an upward trajectory.

1 minute ago, Corleone said:

I remember his Debut against Spurs and the FA Cup win against Leeds but apart from that i seem to recall him going missing in a lot of games

Hopefully now he is here permanently we can use him more effectively rather than him starting every game.

Great move though - no doubt about that.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Still worried Newcastle will sign him.

Sources tell me that Spurs also have agreed to sign him for £17m on a 4 year contract, if they fancy it. We’re just keeping him warm for them!

In all seriousness though… wow! Delighted! So pleased to have him permanently now. My 6 year old also delighted as he’s filled the idol void that was vacated in the summer! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Hopefully now he is here permanently we can use him more effectively rather than him starting every game.

Great move though - no doubt about that.

I was talking about Carbone

Â