Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

the stats say we had a 69% pass completion rate versus Leicester.

Im not trying to defend Coutinho, but whats he gonna do with that?, he has shown moments of sublime quality since he joined, while also being quite others, but if we signed him, and signed some players around him who can actually play football, it would transform us.

I cant believe we as Villa fans are moaning about having a player like Coutinho, when the first 11 is hitting 69% pass rates, McGinniesta cant pass the ball 5 yards, Watkins breaks up more forward plays than opposition defenders, half our players couldnt pass a ball if their lives depended on it, or are so static, they arent even somewhere on the pitch to recieve sublime through balls or passes.

Can you imagine being Coutinho, looking up and seeing brick feet Watkins in front of you.....thinking....."i know whats gonna happen here...".

My mind boggles with Villa fans sometimes.

Moaning that we have Coutinho, rather than actually looking at the huge issues we have throughout this team.

Im not saying Coutinho has been perfect, he hasnt, but imo he is part of the solution, not the problem.....where half of this first 11 is the problem, not the solution.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

the stats say we had a 69% pass completion rate versus Leicester.

Im not trying to defend Coutinho, but whats he gonna do with that?, he has shown moments of sublime quality since he joined, while also being quite others, but if we signed him, and signed some players around him who can actually play football, it would transform us.

I cant believe we as Villa fans are moaning about having a player like Coutinho, when the first 11 is hitting 69% pass rates, McGinniesta cant pass the ball 5 yards, Watkins breaks up more forward plays than opposition defenders, half our players couldnt pass a ball if their lives depended on it, or are so static, they arent even somewhere on the pitch to recieve sublime through balls or passes.

Can you imagine being Coutinho, looking up and seeing brick feet Watkins in front of you.....thinking....."i know whats gonna happen here...".

My mind boggles with Villa fans sometimes.

Moaning that we have Coutinho, rather than actually looking at the huge issues we have throughout this team.

Im not saying Coutinho has been perfect, he hasnt, but imo he is part of the solution, not the problem.....where half of this first 11 is the problem, not the solution.

How encouraging must it be, to watch team mates routinely pass to the opposition, break down attacks and ruin momentum?

• Like 1

The moment when he played Watkins/Bailey through and they completely cocked it up summed up the dilemma we have. If we cant bring in better footballers than Bailey and Watkins, then we should'nt sign PC, even though he is one of the best footballers i have seen down VP

• Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How encouraging must it be, to watch team mates routinely pass to the opposition, break down attacks and ruin momentum?

for a player of his quality, and background (Liverpool/Barcelona etc), it must be like playing in the twilight zone.

He needs help.......not replacing!

Just now, ROTTERDAM1982 said:

The moment when he played Watkins/Bailey through and they completely cocked it up summed up the dilemma we have. If we cant bring in better footballers than Bailey and Watkins, then we should'nt sign PC, even though he is one of the best footballers i have seen down VP

i imagine we will have a huge ingoing & outgoing of players this summer.

Gerrard wouldnt have come here if he wasnt promised a huge war chest.

7 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Unfortunately for Coutinho he can’t pass to himself. 

This. I've said 100 times, he doesnt do anything wrong, he just doesnt get the ball and that's not his fault.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Right player, wrong time. He should go somewhere like Arsenal.

This seems to be the Villa theme since I can remember ffs.

Right Manager | Wrong Owners

Right players | Wrong Manager

Right Owners | Wrong Manager

Wrong players | Right Manager | Wrong Owners

ffs

• Like 1

Just now, R.Bear said:

This. I've said 100 times, he doesnt do anything wrong, he just doesnt get the ball and that's not his fault.

If anyone should take any blame it’s the midfield three. Invisible.

• Like 1

Funnily enough guys like JPB , Carney , Iroegbunam would be better alongside Coutinho as they'd be more on his wavelength. Coutinho could have had 3/4 tap ins today if the ball was pulled back. I know it was against lower league opposition but JPB's assist is exactly the type of pull back Coutinho would thrive off. it's no accident Ramsey looks comfortable alongside Phil.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This seems to be the Villa theme since I can remember ffs.

Right Manager | Wrong Owners

Right players | Wrong Manager

Right Owners | Wrong Manager

Wrong players | Right Manager | Wrong Owners

ffs

Yup it's never all being right all at the same time. I guess that's why all I've seen in my life is 2 League cup wins

46 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Right player, wrong time. He should go somewhere like Arsenal.

The right player is always the right time. You get him in and build around him. Genuine world class player who will thrive when we buy better players in the summer

• Like 1

He doesn't impose himself on games , there's no hunger in his game, Beundia showed bags of hunger in the 12 or so minutes he was on. He's obviously very talented , the through ball was quality  but it's not enough for us. If we had the luxury of bringing him off the bench for a final 20 then yes , sign him , but we haven't . 

I've done a 360 on this. First I didn't want to sign him, then I thought he was brilliant, now I think he's mercurial but too much of a passenger for a team like us and far far too much money. The results just don't justify spending on him IMO.

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I've done a 360 on this. First I didn't want to sign him, then I thought he was brilliant, now I think he's mercurial but too much of a passenger for a team like us and far far too much money. The results just don't justify spending on him IMO.

I can’t agree because then we’ll build an average team and then need somebody like him to make a difference. Buy him and get the other pieces, we aren’t a complete rebuild we just need some real quality added to the team so he can flourish.

• Like 2

Â