Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

On 28/03/2022 at 11:28, PaulC said:

If we do keep Coutinho I think Buendia will be sold. 

Probably get slated but if it was a choice to keep one of the two, I'd rather keep Buendia. The age difference plays a big part, but Buendia's ceiling is also very high IMO.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Probably get slated but if it was a choice to keep one of the two, I'd rather keep Buendia. The age difference plays a big part, but Buendia's ceiling is also very high IMO.

Coutinho will arguably help increase Buendia’s ceiling though, Thankfully it seems we won’t need to choose! 

• Like 1

On 28/03/2022 at 11:28, PaulC said:

If we do keep Coutinho I think Buendia will be sold. 

Is this based on something that is prevalent on this forum, that we do not need a squad?

Only 11 players. Injuries, tiredness or loss of form playing no part?

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Even though Buendia had a good run of form over next year I'd be amazed if he ever reached Coutinho's heights as a player. Buendia still isn't even a regular in a 10th-11th team and he is 25 now (at that age Coutinho had already been a key part of Liverpool team that should've won the league in 2014 and was on verge of his 100m + move to Barca).

Buendia still to fully establish himself with his own national team aswell.

I can't see Gerrard coming to that opinion anytime soon either so his main advice to the owners would be do everything to get Coutinho signed up on full time deal and we'll be the better for that in two years time imo.

Coutinho running the game like he did v Southampton is why we need to get him full time.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

Buendia and Coutinho together as the two 10s doesn't work as they play too close to eachother and neither is inclined to play wider or drift into those spaces. Maybe it'll come in time but Coutinho looks at his best when he's the free roaming 10 and I suspect he'd be as good if he played as a false 9 with Watkins and Bailey as the inside forwards. 

We need to keep both Coutinho and Buendia. If we lost Couts for a 6 or 8 game spell Buendia in there as the loan 10 would work perfectly too. He is also an impact off the bench too as we saw in creating Ramsey's goal against West Ham. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Even though Buendia had a good run of form over next year I'd be amazed if he ever reached Coutinho's heights as a player. Buendia still isn't even a regular in a 10th-11th team and he is 25 now (at that age Coutinho had already been a key part of Liverpool team that should've won the league in 2014 and was on verge of his 100m + move to Barca).

Buendia still to fully establish himself with his own national team aswell.

I can't see Gerrard coming to that opinion anytime soon either so his main advice to the owners would be do everything to get Coutinho signed up on full time deal and we'll be the better for that in two years time imo.

Coutinho running the game like he did v Southampton is why we need to get him full time.

Coutinho needs to do it more consistenly for us before we go offering him ridiculous wages aged 30.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Buendia and Coutinho together as the two 10s doesn't work as they play too close to eachother and neither is inclined to play wider or drift into those spaces. Maybe it'll come in time but Coutinho looks at his best when he's the free roaming 10 and I suspect he'd be as good if he played as a false 9 with Watkins and Bailey as the inside forwards. 

We need to keep both Coutinho and Buendia. If we lost Couts for a 6 or 8 game spell Buendia in there as the loan 10 would work perfectly too. He is also an impact off the bench too as we saw in creating Ramsey's goal against West Ham. 

I'd love to see Coutinho tried in Ramsey's position, with Buendia and Bailey/Traore behind Ings.

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Coutinho needs to do it more consistenly for us before we go offering him ridiculous wages aged 30.

I agree with this, when he has been on he has been brilliant. Has been just as many games that he has been anonymous

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Normally I’d be the same but I think we make an exception for someone of his quality. His return in 10 games, getting back up to speed with the league is brilliant. And I think signing him this summer makes us so much more attractive for other signings

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, samjp26 said:

Coutinho will arguably help increase Buendia’s ceiling though, Thankfully it seems we won’t need to choose! 

Was thinking something similar yesterday.

If our flair players can learn from him, and adapt some of his attributes, in addition to their own, it would be brilliant!

Especially the younger ones.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil Silvers said:

We also could still have their no 6/8 too.

Luiz isnt a regular, he's barely a fringe player, the last time he was selected in the squad was Oct 21 (came on as a sub),  he hasnt been selected in the last 3 squads, and the time prior to that where he actually got some minutes was late 2020.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Luiz isnt a regular, he's barely a fringe player, the last time he was selected in the squad was Oct 21 (came on as a sub),  he hasnt been selected in the last 3 squads, and the time prior to that where he actually got some minutes was late 2020.

I agree with this all, alas, my post above was made in jest.

• Like 1

On 30/03/2022 at 12:50, Tom13 said:

I'd love to see Coutinho tried in Ramsey's position, with Buendia and Bailey/Traore behind Ings.

I'd have thought the other way round no? Buendia in Ramsey position as he is all energy and aggression then Coutinho off the striker drifting around making the magic happen 

Â