Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

We're not paying anyone £300k a week for a while.

2021-2022 Annual Salary Rankings (spotrac)

PLAYER TEAM ANNUAL SALARY WEEKLY SALARY
1 Cristiano Ronaldo  MUFC £26,520,000 £510,000
2 Kevin De Bruyne  MCFC £20,800,000 £400,000
3 David De Gea  MUFC £19,500,000 £375,000
4 Jadon Sancho  MUFC £18,200,000 £350,000
5 Raphael Varane  MUFC £17,680,000 £340,000
6 Romelu Lukaku  CFC £16,900,000 £325,000
7 Jack Grealish  MCFC £15,600,000 £300,000
  Raheem Sterling  MCFC £15,600,000 £300,000
9 N'Golo Kante  CFC £15,080,000 £290,000
  Paul Pogba  MUFC £15,080,000 £290,000
11 Timo Werner  CFC £14,144,000 £272,000
12 John Stones  MCFC £13,000,000 £250,000
  Edinson Cavani  MUFC £13,000,000 £250,000
14 Virgil Van Dijk  LFC £11,440,000 £220,000
15 Thomas Partey  AFC £10,400,000 £200,000
  Thiago Alcántara  LFC £10,400,000 £200,000
  Mohamed Salah  LFC £10,400,000 £200,000
  Marcus Rashford  MUFC £10,400,000 £200,000
  Harry Kane  THFC £10,400,000 £200,000
20 Saul Niguez  CFC £10,310,000 £198,269

• Thanks 1

Unbelievable how reports vary about Coutinhos actual salary. The most common figure used has been £360K and I must say if £480K is correct it’s understandable Barcelona are in trouble. That’s more than Mbappe and De Bruyne, almost on Ronaldo’s level.

There’s no chance any club would offer him anywhere near that though. An important question is the length of a new contract, with older players usually the club wants a shorter contract while the player wants a long one. Very difficult to predict Coutinho’s greatness in 2026 or 2027.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If it’s a case of earning 200-250k at Villa or earning 300-350k elsewhere, I’m reasonably confident he would choose Villa. 

Like every player he will take the most wages he can get. He's not going to stay here and sacrifice £5.2 million a season, or over £20m if its a four year contract. Also chances are that any club that offers him £300k+ a week is going to be in a better position than us and likely in the CL.

53 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

If it’s a case of earning 200-250k at Villa or earning 300-350k elsewhere, I’m reasonably confident he would choose Villa. 

I'm not.

It's totally dependant who the "elsewhere is". But I can't imagine there are many clubs in the world that can offer him £350k a week. And the ones that can are a lot bigger than Aston Villa

WOuld he turn down an extra 100k a week to stay here vs one of them? I doubt it

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not.

It's totally dependant who the "elsewhere is". But I can't imagine there are many clubs in the world that can offer him £350k a week. And the ones that can are a lot bigger than Aston Villa

Even the clubs that could, wouldn’t offer that much.

Would Man City replace De Bruyne with him (almost the same salary)?

Would Bayern get rid of Lewandowski and get Coutinho back in (Lewandowski only has £325K)?

18 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Like every player he will take the most wages he can get. He's not going to stay here and sacrifice £5.2 million a season, or over £20m if its a four year contract. Also chances are that any club that offers him £300k+ a week is going to be in a better position than us and likely in the CL.

This is such bullshit, but it still constantly comes up. Footballers wont be any different to society in general in that many of them will sacrifice money for happiness. This is a guy who knows what it's like to play in an unhappy environment and has a limited time of his playing career left, which I'm sure he will want to enjoy.

I've just walked away from a lot more money and earning potential than I'll possibly ever reach again, in a job I worked towards for a decade, because I was in an unhappy environment. I'm now even further away from buying a house, which I'm desperate to do. I could not be happier with my decision.

What would Coutinho be deprived of if he didn't earn that extra £20m? Don't you think the circa £100m he's earnt up until now and another £30/40m would make him pretty comfortable anyway?

In my opinion someone that wealthy would have to be a moron or have awful people around them if they moved somewhere for an extra few million a year rather than an environment. Imagine if he was miserable again, or simply didn't play as much as he wanted, and was trapped by huge wages no one wanted to pay. He knows full well what that situation is like.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I think we'll pay the fee and will pay up to £200k pw with Barca coughing up the rest. No one will pay his current wages on a free, let alone with a fee. 

Bur Barca will only cough up the rest for one more year

We wont pay 30 million for a one year deal 

21 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Hang on, don't we have a lot of money in the bank after selling Jack? Surely we can afford a luxury player given we got about £40 mill too much from that deal. 

What we can afford and what we would/should pay are completely different.

If you sold your something for 66% above market value would you be happy to pay over the odds for everything else until that extra money was gone?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not.

Of the realistic clubs that could afford it and would be interested in him I just see just Arsenal and Newcastle 

15 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bur Barca will only cough up the rest for one more year

We wont pay 30 million for a one year deal 

Coutinho will have to take a massive pay cut, I can't see anyone paying him over £250k a week. 

17 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

What we can afford and what we would/should pay are completely different.

If you sold your something for 66% above market value would you be happy to pay over the odds for everything else until that extra money was gone?

I would 100% replace our best player of a generation, with the third most expensive player in history. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'm not.

It’s not as though he’s counting the pennies. I’m sure he’d be more motivated by finishing his playing career in a similar vein to how he started it. A magnificent career with a blip in the middle. If we can provide him with a happy environment where he enjoys his football while competing in the upper part of the table and picking up some silverware, I think that would make us attractive to him and a lot of other players. Easier said than done though….

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

NSWE have big plans, and they will need a player like this to get there. I would sacrifice at least three of the current squad for one Coutinho, but I don't think it will come to that - we'll end up near £300k a week for him and that should be enough to fend off NUFC who will obviously offer more. All IMHO. 

The biggest problem of paying the high wages is not that individual cost. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Keyblade said:

He could have legitimately had 4 goals and 2 assists. That was one of the best performances I've seen at VP ever.

I can understand that statement..

....just watch now, how all the spoilers come out of the woodwork to try and foil us signing him in the summer.....if its not other clubs,its the media finding fault with contracts and Barcelona watching his stock rise, before their greedy eye balls.

We took a chance on Phil and it looks like both parties are happy, so why spoil a good relationship.

What they all forget is, Phil and Stevie have a special relationship, he might not be the same elsewhere........just like "trigger" only "Roy Rogers" could ride him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

I think we'll pay the fee and will pay up to £200k pw with Barca coughing up the rest. No one will pay his current wages on a free, let alone with a fee. 

I'm glad, I don't have to bother with all these headaches.

I just watch the football.

Â