Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

tbh, even if you have to pay him 200k a week to keep him, i cant see how we wouldnt want to do it (maybe 150k if we could persuade him :P )

If you factor in the wages we "might" be able to offload this summer, or can defo offload (El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Hourihane, Kalinic, Davis, Targett, Kalinic, Welsey), that should cover most, if not all of that money!?

5 hours ago, MaVilla said:

tbh, even if you have to pay him 200k a week to keep him, i cant see how we wouldnt want to do it (maybe 150k if we could persuade him :P )

If you factor in the wages we "might" be able to offload this summer, or can defo offload (El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Hourihane, Kalinic, Davis, Targett, Kalinic, Welsey), that should cover most, if not all of that money!?

Well if reports are to be believed, we were offering Jack in excess of £200k p/w, and Phil is better, so I think we’d be prepared to pay him the going rate.

IMO, I dont think he’s motivated by money at this point anyway, I think he’ll sign permanently because he enjoys it here and wants to help out his old pal SG. He knows that Barca money was a one off and wouldn’t be expecting that again, especially at Villa. Phil knows the score and would have before joining.

There's really no need for any of us to be worried. There's a buy option, trigger it and he's ours. It's tough shit what anyone else does. 

Coutinho will be a Villa player permanently come the summer. 

I'm pretty relaxed about this. He's not our player and he's on a huge amount at barcelona that we will not be paying. If he wants to cut his salary by at least half then there's a question to ask. If not, then there isn't. I'll enjoy him for the time we have him and if we - as we expect - end up around midtable there's likely to be a lote more offers on the table for him, and he'll probably be off elsewhere..

As far as I know, much of the time teams are reluctant to offer a single player a salary vastly bigger than the rest of the team in case it causes unrest/ jealousy etc.

In this unique case however I reckon the other players would be grand with it due to Phil's stature and value. Also, what he brings to the team and generally how brilliant he is.

Which may be a bit simple and naive of me but any player that doesnt see that and accept it can do one 😁

18 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Can’t see why we need till may to make a decision unless the player has stated this. 

Whatever we pay we will get back double in shirt sales alone. 

80,000,000 / 60 quid = 1,333,333 shirts. How many shirts do we normally sell each season?

12 hours ago, MaVilla said:

The issue is and always has been he is on nearly double that at Barcelona. 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Can’t see why we need till may to make a decision unless the player has stated this. 

I’d imagine they are waiting to see if he remains fit and in form. He hadn’t played much in the last few years. It would be typical Villa for us to rush his signing now and then gets long term injured 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

unfortunately the club only makes about a fiver per shirt so would have to sell a shitload of shirts

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

80,000,000 / 60 quid = 1,333,333 shirts. How many shirts do we normally sell each season?

Roughly 33,333 shirts per season.  

Just need to find another 1.3 million people who want a Coutinho shirt!

50 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The issue is and always has been he is on nearly double that at Barcelona. 

Yeah, but to be fair, any move he makes next, nobody is going to offer him 400k.

Or maybe someone would.....who knows...

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Its a lot of money to spend on wages over the next 3 years. They probably don't want to sign someone who either, doesn't have the desire to play, or is constantly injured. If the decision lies solely with the club (to formalise the contract) then it makes sense to evaluate at the end of the season. 

Â