Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Just now, tomav84 said:

it'll come down to the fact that he's already signed a contract specifying that he becomes a villa player for 30m if we wish to exercise that clause

Don’t be too sure, other clubs may be willing to match our deal or improve it. Barca will sell to the highest (unless Coutinho really wants to sign for us!) 

I really hope he stays - he oozes class

• Confused 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

Don’t be too sure, other clubs may be willing to match our deal or improve it. Barca will sell to the highest (unless Coutinho really wants to sign for us!) 

I really hope he stays - he oozes class

the deal is already done. otherwise there is zero point in mentioning 'option to buy' clause. if the scenario you mention is true, then that's the case with every single loan.

it's not just you, but this is what people dont get. an option to buy means he is our player if we want him. if spurs or whoever offer 60m then it doesnt matter. he joins us for 30m.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

the deal is already done. otherwise there is zero point in mentioning 'option to buy' clause. if the scenario you mention is true, then that's the case with every single loan.

it's not just you, but this is what people dont get. an option to buy means he is our player if we want him. if spurs or whoever offer 60m then it doesnt matter. he joins us for 30m.

How do you know this to the point it's fact?

• Like 1

it'll come down to the fact that he's already signed a contract specifying that he becomes a villa player for 30m if we wish to exercise that clause

I really and truly hope you’re right… because if you are, it means that either:

a) Phil’s agent is a moron

or, ideally

b) Phil saw something so unique, amazing and fantastic in Gerrards vision for the club that he wants to be a part of it for the foreseeable future, regardless of what any other club could offer him financially or professionally

• Like 2

Just now, Don_Simon said:

How do you know this to the point it's fact?

because we mentioned 'option to buy' in the official statement when we signed him

what do you think this statement means if someone can buy him if they just offer more?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Is it an agreed thing with the player though. It could give us an agreed price if we choose to make an offer, I'm not sure it means that Coutinho has to agree a contact

My goodness he is a wonderful footballer. I have no idea how long we will have him but I suspect he will be here for a while yet. Let’s just enjoy the ride. Lovely, lovely player. He makes everything look so easy probably because for him, it’s a piece of cake. 

7 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Actually, let me ask in another way: If Villa don't buy Coutinho on a permanent deal this summer, it's because Villa didn't want to sign him. There is absolutely no option for Coutinho to reject the move? 

Just now, Don_Simon said:

Actually, let me ask in another way: If Villa don't buy Coutinho on a permanent deal this summer, it's because Villa didn't want to sign him. There is absolutely no option for Coutinho to reject the move? 

he's already accepted the theoretical move when he signed the contract in january. wages, contract length etc would have been agreed then

• Like 1

because we mentioned 'option to buy' in the official statement when we signed him

what do you think this statement means if someone can buy him if they just offer more?

I thought it meant we had a deal agreed with Barca, but we would then need to negotiate a contract with the player. Your interpretation means his permanent contract is already agreed - which I would love to be the case. 

Just now, tomav84 said:

100% - it was a very short statement that specified the option to buy. Only way he goes elsewhere is if his head is turned financially - and he does not agree to join Villa, but I think he may already have signed that right away too. We will have to see, but it would take some monumental event or **** up for this guy not to sign in 12 or so games time

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

100% - it was a very short statement that specified the option to buy. Only way he goes elsewhere is if his head is turned financially - and he does not agree to join Villa, but I think he may already have signed that right away too. We will have to see, but it would take some monumental event or **** up for this guy not to sign in 12 or so games time

The only thing stopping him signing for Villa, is Villa deciding not to sign him. Apparently. 

Regardless, he's **** brilliant.

My understanding of an option to buy is the clubs have an agreement over a future fee but then it’ll be down to us and Coutinho to agree a contract.

As it stands, Barca are paying some of his wages on his current contract, we’re paying a bit and Coutinho has waived some to make the loan happen. 

A full contract won’t be easy to resolve unless Coutinho is something special and not all about the money like most footballers.

im not being negative just think it’s not as easy as some think.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

My understanding of an option to buy is the clubs have an agreement over a future fee but then it’ll be down to us and Coutinho to agree a contract.

As it stands, Barca are paying some of his wages on his current contract, we’re paying a bit and Coutinho has waived some to make the loan happen. 

A full contract won’t be easy to resolve unless Coutinho is something special and not all about the money like most footballers.

The odds are, the way world works these days unfortunately,  that it will be a pain up the arse procedure to get him signed. I hope you are wrong and it's all plain sailing but nothing is these days.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Thisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KMitch said:

I don't want to beat a dead horse, but I still can't believe Coutinho is playing for Aston Villa.  He's one of the best players in the world...  Amazing performance from him today.  

Mad innit?

We have gone from losing our talisman/“The One” and sacking our fan favourite “One of us” manager after a shit run of results…

To having a relatively rookie manager (who was an incredibly successful and highly respected player) take over and bring in his mate from Barcelona who just so happened to be one of the best (and most expensive) players on the planet…

Â