Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

what i don't understand is why he isn't taking free kicks. makes no sense at all to me considering how many bangers he scored in his career. i'm not even sure luiz has ever scored one

Maybe Gerrard wants to let him settle in and get up to form before putting the added pressure of set-pieces on him? Not that I truly believe that as a valid excuse, lol.

• Haha 1

I feel sorry for him. He isnt getting the ball enough in the right places. The time he did, he almost equalised with a piece of magic. He should have been given that free kick too.

Enjoy him while you can, he won't be here next year at this rate.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, joshharris12 said:

Won’t be here next season 

He was never going to be, tbh. Either he played well, and a CL club would snatch up a rejuvenated Coutinho, or he wouldn't and we'd not spend that kind of money on him. Enjoy him while he's here. 

A luxury player that no one else seems on the same wavelength. 

Not his fault, he is genuinely world class but it's just not working the past few games. I expect more than just a few glimpses of quality, we should be running everything through him 

9 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

As great as it is to have him and his moments of magic here it won't be the end of the world if he doesn't hang around. Might be better long term if JPB or Chukwuemeka are given the opportunity to develop.

We wlll never truly progress as a club if we constantly get intimidated at having top level players at the club. The young lads can come through and play alongside Coutinho as Ramsey has so dosen't have to be either/or.

4 minutes ago, Hiney said:

A luxury player that no one else seems on the same wavelength. 

Not his fault, he is genuinely world class but it's just not working the past few games. I expect more than just a few glimpses of quality, we should be running everything through him 

He isn't getting the space really, feels like we should go 4-3-3-/4-2-3-1 now even if that means taking Buendia out for a game or two and playing actual wide players in final third.

Counter attack type games v Leeds are where he excels, not sure the next time other than Leeds away we'll get that as feels like teams have worked us out nicely.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He was never going to be, tbh. Either he played well, and a CL club would snatch up a rejuvenated Coutinho, or he wouldn't and we'd not spend that kind of money on him. Enjoy him while he's here. 

Still don’t understand why you’re so certain this is one of the most likely options.

19 minutes ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

As great as it is to have him and his moments of magic here it won't be the end of the world if he doesn't hang around. Might be better long term if JPB or Chukwuemeka are given the opportunity to develop.

Lets bin a £120 million player and get blood the youth. We will all be dead by the time we reach Europe if this is how its gonna be. ****** Joke!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Still don’t understand why you’re so certain this is one of the most likely options.

Because he's one of the most expensive players in Europe? If he showed even a glimmer of his former highs, a club that can offer him more were bound to come in for him.

Just now, Davkaus said:

Because he's one of the most expensive players in Europe? If he showed even a glimmer of his former highs, a club that can offer him more were bound to come in for him.

Was*

You’re saying that under the assumption he would reject us if we activated the option to buy?

4 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

You’re saying that under the assumption he would reject us if we activated the option to buy?

If he performs well enough for a CL club to come knocking, yes, absolutely. I guess we'll wait and find out, no use speculating!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, chips'ngravy said:

To be fair, he was as big a contributor as anyone else to the poor play in midfield, making plenty of loose passes. Thought Ramsey was comfortably our best player but he needs better quality around him.

Ramsey needs better than Coutinho around him?

Â