Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

4 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I can see it ending up like James.

He'll play alright for 5-6 months then a big club will pick him up.

He is most likely looking at us as a stop gap and that's ok.

Ah the old crystal ball bollox !!

8 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

How can the club afford this?

I realize we've got wealthy owners but how do we get past FFP? We've got nowhere near the money income like the elite clubs do

We will be posting a large profit this year due to Grealish. FFP is calculated over 3 seasons (or 4 due to Covid). What we can't afford is likely having Coutinho on our books longer than the 3 year period Jack Grealish windfall sale is included in FFP. This is exactly why Ings was given a 3 year contract

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

That's what I expect will happen. If he does well he'll have bigger clubs and better options come the summer. Hence why I kinda rather had the 18 month loan (depending on salary %) than just a 6 month loan.

Maybe he'll love the club, Gerrard, the canals, yada yada but wouldn't count on it.

We are tied into 18ths of his wages then though @ between £200 + 350k week. Big outlay for a current players whos form has dipped. I think loan until the end of the season is the better deal.

13 minutes ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Just been for physio, the guys a barca fan. Said he got lost at Barca and lost confidence but if he is loved he will fly. This it may have been a Grealish at city scenario, just another cog in the queue. Clearly has a good relationship with Gérard and will feel the love from us I'm sure. 

We're not signing Pires, mate

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I can see it ending up like James.

He'll play alright for 5-6 months then a big club will pick him up.

He is most likely looking at us as a stop gap and that's ok.

Oh yes, the grand old club of Al-Rayyan, who have won one Qatari League title in the past like 27 years.

Â