V Sport Investments Ltd - More Villa Clubs around the world?

MotoMkali

3 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Smart move. With link ups between Vasco, Vitoria and Villa that's a good network and bases for scouting and player development. 

Pathway for players from Brazil to Portugal to England.

V sports indeed…

Just now, His Name Is Death said:

Vasco da Gama, Vitória de Guimarães, a partnership with Vissel Kobe... I didn't realise we were going to be so committed to this bit.

Vegas Villans… 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rich192 said:

This may very well be good for Villa. But my god it’s bad and depressing for football. A world famous institution bought to be a feeder club for a club 9,000km away. Absolutely grim. 

Multi-club ownerships should be banned, pretty much optimises everything that is wrong with modern football. 

I 100% see your point - but this view very much depends on the owners.
If it was the Glazers, you would be totally correct I suspect.

I would expect with NSWE though, that the clubs would all become well run which is a good thing for everyone.
It does is give a pathway for players to more easily move on - whether it upwards or downwards - but these wouldn't be a sacrifice of one club over another. It would probably mean that a VdG player who is attracting interest from Europe may more easily come to Villa.
Of course, if Madrid bid £100m for that player, they are still likely to go there! Rules are in place to stop (sort of) us signing them for £1m, and selling them for £100m in such circumstances. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Well yeah, that's always how it's worked. I do find it very depressing how corrupt and money driven the game is now. Wish we would hurry up and win the Prem & CL so I can go and follow a less corrupt sport instead! 

You may have said this in jest, but that's really how it kind of feels to me at the moment. 

25 minutes ago, His Name Is Death said:

Vasco da Gama, Vitória de Guimarães, a partnership with Vissel Kobe... I didn't realise we were going to be so committed to this bit.

May have started accidentally but once the trend sets in you have to go with it.  

Real Union get special exemption status due to Emery, but Zed better change their name to Vee or they're out!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

at this rate, there’s going to be about 20 enteritis that own world football.

as much as it’s kills the spirit of the game, it’s happening and I’m glad Villa is the big club in V Sports rather than the feeder 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 2

I don't see the problem with multi-club ownership - these other teams are not slaves to Villa, we're not leeching from them putting them in a worse position - they simply have the same ownership group. If anything it's the ownership groups which are going head to head with each other to dominate football, one club seemingly is not enough these days for the multi billionaires. Of course there are benefits, like dibs on international talent, so I suppose that is the key purpose for it - but we are a globalised world and every footballer is chasing their dream to play at the highest level.

Probably just a coincidence but Vitoria's coach Alvaro Pacheco after guiding them to 5th place in the Portuguese League has left them to become Vasco's new boss.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ceemo said:

Probably just a coincidence but Vitoria's coach Alvaro Pacheco after guiding them to 5th place in the Portuguese League has left them to become Vasco's new boss.

Think it is, the saga surrounding how Pacheco's left Vitoria has become extremely acrimonious

Have we signed a single player or loaned a player to any of these teams yet? Only example I can think is the two kids to Unai’s team but not sure if they’ve been playing much. 

Seems like we go to a lot of effort on these things setting up elaborate structures but yet to see what impact it can make on the first team. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Have we signed a single player or loaned a player to any of these teams yet? Only example I can think is the two kids to Unai’s team but not sure if they’ve been playing much. 

Seems like we go to a lot of effort on these things setting up elaborate structures but yet to see what impact it can make on the first team. 

It's not an overnight results thing. 

We'll have to assess their current talent,  guide their future recruitment process to align with the overall aim of the group (and specifically Villa) and it seems we're sharing training practices and other technical information with the clubs to help them improve their on and off field operations.

The payoff comes a few years down the line, unless by happy coincidence there is someone already built for us on their books. 

Edit: but also, this approach SHOULD also help those clubs. They get more immediate results, we get longer term ones.

Edited by MrBlack

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

Omar Khedr.

It's going to take years to see an impact on the first team.

15 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Is Daniel Morais a reputable source, or just a random Twitterer saying this because they start with a V?

7 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

That’s what I came here to post. Only incredibly rich billionaires could spend such vast sums on what seems a bit of lolz

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

That’s what I came here to post. Only incredibly rich billionaires could spend such vast sums on what seems a bit of lolz

Working our way through Villarreal and Vitesse until we reach our ultimate goal of buying Vietnam. Or maybe just Port Vale.

Edited by His Name Is Death
  • Thanks 1

They have not implemented any Financial Fair Play in Brazil so V Sports can flood Vasco with money upon buying the club and then buy some of the best young talents in Brazil. They can even pay Villa a fee for Coutinho too and pay him a sign on bonus to offset his wage drop. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Top bants 

Â