Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I don't think there were many top players in Saudi league other than Ronaldo before they starting going over there this summer. Gerrard's  alleged new team do have Robin Quaison which is a name I recognize and if signing Gerrard and convincing him to go over there probably have quite a bit of money.

Coutinho, Digne, and Ashley Young are the ones I could see him being interested in from his time at Villa, but whether they would be interested is another matter.

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

He will make a truck load of cash, but he can basically rule out ever managing his beloved Liverpool. 

I don’t see how they correlate. It wouldn’t be his next job but he could still go there at a later point, (obviously we all know he is no where near good enough anyway).

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Tell me you’re not good enough to manage in England, without telling me you’re not good enough to manage in England. 

Put out to pasture before he’s even got started. What a **** rocket polisher!

IMG_7138.jpeg

Eh? What's the photo all about then.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Eh? What's the photo all about then.

It’s from the tweet above by Al Ettifaq, the Saudi club that Gerrard might be going to manage. The smirk on his face and the situation he’s joining just says to me he’s lost any tiny remaining credentials he had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t see how they correlate. It wouldn’t be his next job but he could still go there at a later point, (obviously we all know he is no where near good enough anyway).

Unless Liverpool do a United and balls up Klopps replacement and they need an Ole type inspiration thats his only way in

I had a look at Liverpool forum and the reaction is very negative to him going to Saudi and also to recent gangster links, some of the comments were more hafeful than what I've read on here. Even if he somehow became a top manager, I'm not sure Liverpool fans would accept him.

• Like 1

Despite his performance at Villa, he still wouldn't have got one more crack at management in this country. Going by how out of his depth he was here it would be his last though. So if he is to take one more job, he may as well get a (presumably) very well paid one. 

A little bit of success over there and he may even get another crack somewhere over here, before being found out again. He may well have learnt some lessons but I get a feeling he won't put that effort in to correct his wrongs.

18 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Despite his performance at Villa, he still wouldn't have got one more crack at management in this country. Going by how out of his depth he was here it would be his last though. So if he is to take one more job, he may as well get a (presumably) very well paid one. 

A little bit of success over there and he may even get another crack somewhere over here, before being found out again. He may well have learnt some lessons but I get a feeling he won't put that effort in to correct his wrongs.

I think his stock took quite a hit as the season wore on and Emery dragged us into Europe. It just made him look even worse.

Â