Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

20 minutes ago, catanzaro said:

Yeah we really do look like Everton.. we’ve got to look at some of our senior decision makers for sure 

you are worse than us in terms of your fall from grace.  You were in pretty good shape just 12 months ago.  He's been able to get through a tremendous amount of work in a very short period of time.  Most of the team are now very high earners who don't get on with each other,  he's given you a real chance of relegation.  When he's sacked I think his head will touch the pillow and he will never think another thought about Aston Villa again. 

To paraphrase Michael Corleone 'I think you've found your Ronald Koeman'. It's a comfort t know that we are not the only club who can stink the place out and leave it honking for days afterwards

I knew it would all end in tears from the moment he was announced. He had nowhere near the required experience to take on a job of this magnitude. Part of me (a very small part) feels bad for him as he's failed spectacularly, and very publicly, in a job he should never have been offered. 

Oh well, on to the next one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, wsag said:

you are worse than us in terms of your fall from grace.  You were in pretty good shape just 12 months ago.  He's been able to get through a tremendous amount of work in a very short period of time.  Most of the team are now very high earners who don't get on with each other,  he's given you a real chance of relegation.  When he's sacked I think his head will touch the pillow and he will never think another thought about Aston Villa again. 

To paraphrase Michael Corleone 'I think you've found your Ronald Koeman'. It's a comfort t know that we are not the only club who can stink the place out and leave it honking for days afterwards

You talk a lot of sense.. I agree with you on all points

Brilliant to see his name in other football.

I was willing to give him a chance but the last six month have been terrible and overall hardly any memorable results in his reign which is pretty damming. Coming from 2 down v Man. United probably the best but that was their worst team in 30 years so bit of context needed.

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I love the very minimal statement from the club. 

Quite telling, isn’t it? He must have been sacked on the spot after the game for the statement to be made so quickly, and the owners must be absolutely livid with what they’ve seen. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

Quite telling, isn’t it? He must have been sacked on the spot after the game for the statement to be made so quickly, and the owners must be absolutely livid with what they’ve seen. 

Left after Luiz got sent off apparently. 

4 minutes ago, wsag said:

Really? Everton were top 6 for much of 20/21 under Ancelotti. For all the Grealish brilliance that season we ultimately finished 11th.

So of two Everton have fallen more quickly especially as you hadn't had a serious relegation battle for over a decade until last season.

Both clubs just can't live up to what went on in the 80s and it's always going to be a bit of milestone around both clubs necks until we both eventually win something again. Who knows how many years or decades that will take.

1 minute ago, El Zen said:

Can’t blame them - probably too soft on Gerrard in the long term but they had to see it to believe it. Nas the Terminator. 

• Like 1

Â