Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

One more thing if I'm honest.

We talk about how well the likes of Newcastle are doing under Howe. ( Which is factual, no argument )

But have you seen their goals, and the quality of some of the finishes?

They have won certain games, with a world class finish being the decider.

Have you seen the chances our " finishers " have missed?

Some of these players severely lack that kind of quality.

Obviously you mitigate that by setting up to our strengths. I feel we need 300 chances to convert a couple ffs.

Confidence is a big thing.

I'm not surprised Gerrard spending most of last season saying "these lot aren't good enough, I'm going to buy better players" has had a negative effect.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Yes, and that is the challenge for the owners, it's alright saying you want European football, but are they prepared to pay for it because that is what it takes.

Well Gerrard is making it look like much of their recent investment in assets is a complete waste.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Beale has turned down Wolves apparently, said he’s too busy answering calls from Gerrard that he can’t take on more responsibility. 😂

Stevie be popping over everyday asking for advice if Beale moved back to the Midlands

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Don't really understand this point. He'd be "relating" to fans just fine if he could get his team to stick the ball in the net. 

I understand it a bit. His interviews make him seem an arrogant clearing in the woods. Remi Garde was as shit but fans had sympathy for him

9 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Yes, and that is the challenge for the owners, it's alright saying you want European football, but are they prepared to pay for it because that is what it takes.

I think they're spending enough.

I don't think we have the right people in place to be spending it properly. In the last 15 months we've spent ~£100m on four players all 30 or over each earning £6m+ a year. It doesn't bode well.

Be surprised if Newcastle sign more than one player like this in the next three years.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I think they're spending enough.

I don't think we have the right people in place to be spending it properly. In the last 15 months we've spent ~£100m on four players all 30 or over each earning £6m+ a year. It doesn't bode well.

Be surprised if Newcastle sign more than one player like this in the next three years.

Yes, I'm not accusing them of not spending, but they set the ambition so the pressure is on and that starts with a manager and team behind him including recruitment to deliver that ambition.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why Gerrard is still here ?

I mean,lest say we win our next 2 games( very unlikely )  .That gives us  15 points from 12 games,well that sort of return will not get us into the top half,so

What are the owners/management trying to prove,FFS. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Preece on Villa View last night claims Gerrard had spoken with owners in the week and there was belief we were only a win away etc etc

Stuff we've all heard before basically.

Then purslow and the owners should continue to be criticised and questioned, because that's just madness at this point. 

25 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

That gives us  15 points from 12 games,well that sort of return will not get us into the top half,so

47.5 points over a season. If you consider the points required to be top half as the minimum the team finishing 10th could have got and still finished there, then 47 points would be enough in more than half of the last 20 seasons. If we are talking enough to overtake the team finishing 10th, it's still enough in about 30-40% of those seasons.

29 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

For those who haven't seen it..

He talks really well, but unfortunately football isn't about talking, he needs to get a tune out of these players, and that means he has to adapt, can he do that?

I don't even watch these anymore.

The same waffled garbage repeated over and over.

Â