Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

That's the sort of comment you'd expect from a man who doesn't care about the club and knows he's coming to the end of his employment.

Is it? I think it's the comment of someone who understands the expectations of football supporters, whether realistic or unrealistic.

Brighton supporters will have different expectations to Chelsea fans about the teams they should be beating given the significant difference in stature and performance over the last 20 years between the 2 clubs.

There's plenty to criticise Gerrard about without resorting to trying to be offended about a pretty truthful fact. 

I've seen plenty of it on here, that we should be beating this team and that easily (rightly or wrongly), and guess what, if you head over to a Chelsea forum over the last 20 years, the overwhelming majority will be saying they should be beating us easily, and that'll be no different today.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are currently 16th in the league and 2pts off relegation. You really can't make this shit up! 😂😂😂

Yeah then this time next week we will be comfortably in the bottom 3! We won't get anything today, fully expect Fulham to beat us and Brentford have a hoodoo over us! If he hasn't gone by next week then Purslow is not getting rid of him. 

Crap tactics, throws players under the bus, today will be a dig at the fans when Chelsea score their 3rd and the boos ring out! 

But its OK Its Stevie G... 

10 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I’d much rather we win today than lose because my priority is getting away from the bottom 3.

However, I’d rather we lose than draw because Gerrard supporters can use the continued unbeaten streak as some form of yard stick for how he’s turning things around.

Well he said he was going back to basics and making us hard to beat, and he has done that. Defensively we've looked pretty solid and we've been good at disrupting other teams play. So it's one yard stick to measure him by.

He needs now to build on that and create more coherent and fluid midfield and attacking play. Though it would help if we put away some of the chances we've had.

Ironically i think we'll create more chances against the better teams as they'll push up more and leave more space in behind to exploit. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TRO said:

your questioning, is tedious at best.

I am not that defensive of him, just opposed to folks, claims, for wanting him gone.....I think the reasoning, is flawed, and contrived.

The reasoning for wanting Gerrard gone is flawed? How low is the bar exactly? Madness.

4 minutes ago, smokingzen said:

Well he said he was going back to basics and making us hard to beat, and he has done that. Defensively we've looked pretty solid and we've been good at disrupting other teams play. So it's one yard stick to measure him by.

He needs now to build on that and create more coherent and fluid midfield and attacking play. Though it would help if we put away some of the chances we've had.

Ironically i think we'll create more chances against the better teams as they'll push up more and leave more space in behind to exploit. 

Steven Gerrard has bought himself time by becoming Fat Sam and deserves praise on that basis...

We haven't just been promoted. We finished 11th the season before he arrived.

It's clearer with every passing day that Dean Smith was sacked so prematurely because Purslow wanted to get in his pal as manager. He couldn't wait to swing the axe. Gremlin

I haven't yet seen the interview or read the full quotes, but why not say something along the lines of 'Chelsea come here as favourites and their fans will expect the three points'. Why on earth would you use the term wipe the floor with us? 

2 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

I haven't yet seen the interview or read the full quotes, but why not say something along the lines of 'Chelsea come here as favourites and their fans will expect the three points'. Why on earth would you use the term wipe the floor with us? 

He's massively insecure about his ability so tries to play us down a lot.

• Like 1

It's *already* a lost season. The owners might have already acknowledged this and have decided to just let Gerrard work through things and scrape out a survival campaign and maybe think that somehow he actually is good enough to try again next season.

10 minutes ago, maqroll said:

It's *already* a lost season. The owners might have already acknowledged this and have decided to just let Gerrard work through things and scrape out a survival campaign and maybe think that somehow he actually is good enough to try again next season.

I cant see this happening,because.

1 - If we lose and Saints win.....we are in the relegation zone

2 -If we lose and Forest or Leicester win....we are only 1 point off relegation

3 -If either 1/2 happen then it means we are in deep S**t after only 10 games.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I want Gerrard to succeed. I think there’s some on here who don’t want him to succeed.

I’d love him to succeed, I just don’t think there is any chance he will based on everything.

Â