Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

10 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Do you get an unlimited amount of times you can officially sell your season ticket to others? I don't want to go while he's here. 

You might want to hang onto it for now. It’s hardly a sellers market, you might get a second hand copy of a Doug Ellis autobiography and a few Greensheild Stamps at the moment. Leave it until after he’s gone and you’d be in a much better position. If we then appoint Poch I think you’d probably take it off the market. 

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You might want to hang onto it for now. It’s hardly a sellers market, you might get a second hand copy of a Doug Ellis autobiography and a few Greensheild Stamps at the moment. Leave it until after he’s gone and you’d be in a much better position. If we then appoint Poch I think you’d probably take it off the market. 

No, I'm pretty sure you can sell for individual matches, but I'm worried it'll count against me if I over do it! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m no fan of Purslow but what is he meant to say in public if asked about Gerrard. He has to back his employees.  What happens behind closed doors is a different story. 

Some may miss the brashness of a Wyness who would publicly call out managers but this how things are done now.

If Gerrard fails to get a minimum of 2 points in the next 2 games (which is what got Smith sacked last year) and still isn't sacked, what other conclusion can you draw other than that he's extending the rope as much as possible for Gerrard?

4 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Dire honestly. Would be more understanding if we hadn’t had such a favourable run of fixtures 

Dire, bizarre and disheartening!  Feel it’s more an excuse to keep him at all costs than dealing with reality.

The fans will turn even more Sunday when chelsea score the 1st, I’m sick of seeing him in the dugout, I ain’t enjoyed one game I’ve been to this season, we are seriously considering if we are bothering renewing our season tickets if this fraud is still in charge 

Edited by rbcuk

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

FFS. This is torture at this point. I need to pick up another hobby for Saturday mornings.

And we play on Sunday this week so Villa have even ruined that! :D

Edited by TheAuthority
  • Haha 1

I think he's hanging on by a thread personally and if he'd lost either of the last 2 games or failed to win against Southampton he'd have been gone. A bad defeat to Chelsea and he's out of here.

8 minutes ago, will87 said:

I think he's hanging on by a thread personally and if he'd lost either of the last 2 games or failed to win against Southampton he'd have been gone. A bad defeat to Chelsea and he's out of here.

Whispers we are hearing out of the club don’t seem to say that though, seems like he’s getting more time.  He needs to go, the only people who don’t seem to realise this is the club.

15 minutes ago, handsworthvilla said:

Whilst I absolutely agree he should not let his personal relationship hinder his judgement, I would hope and expect he is not just basing his decision on fans opinion. I imagine fans opinion is just one of several factors he needs to consider before arriving at a position. 

If it was as simple as gauging fan opinion and acting on that we could do away with the CEO role and just conduct a monthly fans survey. We'd end up paying a lot of compensation though. 

I wouldn’t underestimate fan power. When they have all turned the club will have no choice.  Place becomes toxic. 

• Like 1

Â