Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Whilst we didn’t do anything terrible today, the sad thing is I wasn’t at all surprised that we couldn’t beat a poor Leeds team who played half the game with 10 men. We’re on a point a game after playing 8 games, 6 of which were against teams in the lower half of the table. We’ve managed just one point away and that was a today. Can anyone seriously see us getting anywhere near a position in the league that would qualify is for a European spot?

If collectively the board believe that keeping the current management team is helping us to achieve our stated aim of playing in Europe I’d love to here why? If they don’t then surely there must be a plan to replace the current manager and replace him with someone who can. Over the last few seasons numerous clubs have struggled to recruit a top quality manager, capable of competing in the upper part of the PL. However at the moment there appears to be a number of excellent managers available or at least unemployed. Are we led by a CEO who either disagrees with a large number of fans and thinks in some strange way we are still making progress, or is there some other hidden agenda we are not privy to?  If this is the case are the other board members either aware or happy with this agenda?

• Like 1

I mean it is pretty unanimous on here and general social media to want him gone. However, fans at the games haven’t yet made much protest. Still here the odd smattering of SG’s Claret and a blue army. Why?! We need to make our voices heard!!

Sickened to watch the majority of the away end clap the players and manager off the pitch today. I don’t get it, we play like that and get applauded off.

Despise Gerrard and can’t see a way forward for the club until he’s gone.

The fans need to turn on him and fast, because Purslow will hold out as long as possible to his golden child.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I mean it is pretty unanimous on here and general social media to want him gone. However, fans at the games haven’t yet made much protest. Still here the odd smattering of SG’s Claret and a blue army. Why?! We need to make our voices heard!!

We’ve just redecorated our daughter’s bed room and also changed the curtains and bed clothes, so we have old sheets available if the time is right for proper protest to begin. She’s only 8 and the sheets have lots of fairies and unicorns on them, so the message may not be forceful enough for our purpose. 

I went back and read through the first 10-15 pages. Most people at the time called it.  He wasn’t the right appointment at the time(not sure why the board couldn’t see it) and he isn’t  the right person now.  Needs to go asap

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Allegedly they were wowed by Gerrard during interview and possibly still are.

I doubt they were there. I imagine they leave that stuff to the professionals, something that the person below them could learn from

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

I think its very good our fans stay behind him and team during the games. Look at it this way, it takes away an excuse for Gerrard. Right now there is nowhere to look except firmly on him. Supported by the fans, owners and players.

He has no excuses and nobody to blame but himself when the axe falls.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1

If we're not getting sufficient points to progress it is important that at least the performances showed signs of clear progression.

At the moment the team is dull, slow paced, predictable and boring. An opposition manager has just described our pace as similar to a snail FFS!

We've increased the prices (at home matches) yet if anything the product is worse than under Smith so no wonder fans are frustrated. Away from home we've managed one point from trips to Bournemouth, Palace, a 10 man Leeds and an expected defeat at Arsenal.

Things have to change and there is no indication that Gerrard is the man to take us forwards. The club should have acted already - it's death by a thousand cuts!

Edited by Brumstopdogs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dale said:

I doubt they were there. I imagine they leave that stuff to the professionals, something that the person below them could learn from

I can imagine Purslow getting quite misty eyed over his interview but not so much NSWE. I’d think the whole interview process was pretty much about Purslow convincing himself that he was making a brilliant decision. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

We’ve just redecorated our daughter’s bed room and also changed the curtains and bed clothes, so we have old sheets available if the time is right for proper protest to begin. She’s only 8 and the sheets have lots of fairies and unicorns on them, so the message may not be forceful enough for our purpose. 

Quite the opposite, pink unicorn sheets will send the message loud and clear. Even the kids want him gone.

• Haha 1

I think we have a good squad and that it would only need a few adjustments, I think it's quite simple actually, and I'm baffled that Gerrard & co dont see it.

McGinn and Ramsey are not suited to play in a three man midfield. Defensively they over and over again fail to do the basic work, which makes us vulerable, we loose the midfield. In the build up play, they don't contribute enough. Ramsey is easy on the eye and a huge talent, but he doesn't impose himself enough in that position, is a bit of a luxury player who shines in the opponents half. McGinn isn't a good enough passer and is a liability in the build up play. Played further forward, each one of them could contribute. BUT IT DOES NOT WORK TO PLAY BOTH OF THEM AS OUR TWO No6!

Switch to 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-2 and pick two out of Luiz/Dendonker/Nakamba/Kamara as the two holding midfielders and see what will happen. 

• Like 2

Â