Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

15 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Gerrard or no Gerrard we ain’t getting relegated. It’s just shit. 

I don't know how you can be sure of that.

We have the easiest fixture run on paper and are still dropping points against the easier teams and have a difficult run after the wc .

The teams that have come up are showing they are no push overs so if someone goes down it will be an established side.

I think teams below and around us are in a false position and will kick on and finish above us based on how were playing.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The entire plan is... not to have a plan. And wait for our (very talented) players to do something. When they don't, we don't win, and he says post-game 'we needed quality'. 

We're a PL team, worth millions, with billionaire owners, and we're wasting our time on... this.

Why? I just don't get it.

Iron Man Not A Great Plan GIF - Iron Man Not A Great Plan ...

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The entire plan is... not to have a plan. And wait for our (very talented) players to do something. When they don't, we don't win, and he says post-game 'we needed quality'. 

We're a PL team, worth millions, with billionaire owners, and we're wasting our time on... this.

Why? I just don't get it.

This. Find it all incredibly frustrating and completely baffling that the board want to press on with it. 

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Coutinho is the better player. Gerrard has plenty of faults but playing Coutinho isn’t on them. He’s our best player. 

Drawback is, I think people are naturally harder on Coutinho due to him being SG's " mate ".

He hasn't been in great form ( I thought he was good today though ) but at his best I think he definitely is better than Emi.

Problem is he hasn't been at his best much recently.

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

As poor as I think Gerrard is, let’s not forget we’re now playing with a very similar side to the one that almost got relegated.

We’re a below average side with or without Gerrard. Our main aim needs to be to avoid relegation. Arguing that we’ve spent lots of money and therefore shouldn’t be near the relegation zone is fanciful. 

This is a joke right!

So this team is not as good as , Brighton, Fulham, Leeds, Brentford, Everton???

Stop with this bull!!  We have players that should easily be seeing off a 10 man Leeds with a proper system and a idea how to change if it's not working. Gerrard is yet another manager learning on the job, making being a player in this team far to easy. Let him go and manage a Fulham or Bournmouth, Villa was always far to big for him, we know the only reason he got the job.

The same results in another team and he would be gone already, this is what pisses me off. I mean what are we waiting for???

Edited by foreveryoung

I've remained on the fence as much as possible but the one thing I can't defend is just how boring we are. As a club that want growth there's is no way anyone is watching us this season and thinking

"yeah I'm happy to pay £40 to see that live" 

Every game we don't lose is now a missed opportunity to sack Gerrard. 

We're in a situation where the manager is bigger than  the club and the fans need to act. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Drawback is, I think people are naturally harder on Coutinho due to him being SG's " mate ".

He hasn't been in great form ( I thought he was good today though ) but at his best I think he definitely is better than Emi.

Problem is he hasn't been at his best much recently.

Being probably the highest profile player in the squad and certainly one of the highest earners also brings a certain expectation.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

NSWE had a plan, or still have a plan. It's Project Gerrard and they are invested in him, Purslow obviously too.

Gerrard isn't going anywhere, we will get a win against Forest and be top ten. Progress in the eyes of NSWE.

I don't think NSWE are that stupid. they were ruthless with Smith. It'll be going on behind the scenes with Purslow's staff or NWSE's own.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I don't think NSWE are that stupid. they were ruthless with Smith. It'll be going on behind the scenes with Purslow's staff or NWSE's own.

I'm a little bemused by NSWE to be honest.

As wonderful as they appear do they really know PL football? Allegedly they were wowed by Gerrard during interview and possibly still are.

Edens might know the NBA but PL football not at all.

They are totally invested in Project Gerrard.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'm a little bemused by NSWE to be honest.

As wonderful as they appear do they really know PL football? Allegedly they were wowed by Gerrard during interview and possibly still are.

Edens might know the NBA but PL football not at all.

They are totally invested in Project Gerrard.

It's a project and an investment with NWSE. They are certainly not here just throw money about like the arabs, they will want a return sooner rather then later, especially with the stadium refurb. There's a reason we didn't spend big money in this window,  an for these reasons he'll be gone soon enough, I'm sure of it. They also ain't gonna be the mugs who keep a shit manager while others around us are sacking there's i.e Wolves, Leicester......

• Like 2

Â