Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, penguin said:

Turn it around? We are 17th in the form table.

I'm sure the decision makers will be judging the situation with a little more nuance than the previous games result.

I'm not saying wouldn't want him to go. I'm just saying it's a 'what have you done for me lately?' league. We have two draws and a win in our last three. You don't get fired for that. End of.

13 minutes ago, Beastmix said:

Doesn't work like that though. You don't have a bad run, turn it around, and then get sacked for the bad run.

Comon were hardly on a good run mate. We ain't getting any better with Gerrard not a chance, if your a happy with that, i'm not on your page.

47 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I can almost guarantee that Poch would have us competing for 6-7th this season. 

Yes I know there is no way to prove it without a portal to the multiverse so you’ll have to take my word for it.

I mean look at what he did with newly promoted Southampton... 

See, if my firm gets in a new boss, the idea is they encourage and get the most out of what they have.

Only football managers come in  and get £100m to spend as "not my players" is somehow acceptable in football, when it isn't anywhere else.

The same players are playing worse than they were. The new players aren't playing well. It doesnt matter what the team is, they dont play well.

Indivicually, we've all seen the likes of Watkins, Ings, Mings McGinn thrive and do well. I nfairness, there was plenty of effort, without much to show for it today.

The one constant in this mess, is Gerrard.

He's just not got the experience as a manager. Might have been great on the pitch, but if you cant speak, convey your ideas, get people to listen, or plan around the resource you have, then you don't have what it takes. 

I'd rather we'd such with Dean Smith.  I don't think Gerrard will be with us as the end of the season. I just hope we stay up.

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Comon were hardly on a good run mate. We ain't getting any better with Gerrard not a chance, if your a happy with that, i'm not on your page.

It is what it is. Two draws and a win, irrespective of what came before.

Personally, I'd like to see him go (provided we get Poch as replacement), but I can't see it happening. That is the point I'm trying to make. He's not getting fired yet.

Just now, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Gotta be honest, I don’t mind that. I’d hate it being in the public eye, I don’t think anyone should be expected to always be cordial and nice to everyone all the time.

his football though, **** shit

• Like 2

I read in last few days Gerrard speaking about Freddie guilbert and how he's not wanted, Gerrard needs to get a backbone and pull rank " were paying your wage I need you to help us out" gutless piece of $hit is so set in his ways told him he's not wanted and will have is struggle in defence instead using a central half as cash replacement.

Gerrard will never get my backing he's done bar the sack I'm.sick of him his squeaky voice and utter pathetic management style.

Edited by villan501

So far we have played teams in league position #13, #11, #17, #15, #1, #2, #16 and #12.

How 8 points is considered an acceptable return from those matches is beyond me.

In numbers that is 75% of our matches have been against lower half, and we can’t expect to get a better points return when we start playing more teams in the top half.

That means we are going down unless we get a new manager.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

Gotta be honest, I don’t mind that. I’d hate it being in the public eye, I don’t think anyone should be expected to always be cordial and nice to everyone all the time.

He only poses for murderous gangsters. 

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Pros:

- Great hairline

- Staring at opposition fans

- Saying yeh course

- World Class footballer

- Goes around peoples houses

Cons:

- Zero ability to manage a football team.

#GerrardIn

You had me at great hairline.

#Gerrardinforever! #NoPoch!

6 minutes ago, a m ole said:

People often fail to remember that public figures are humans as well.

It's not every day or all the time you're in the mood to take pictures, shake hands and kiss random babies.

• Like 1

It’s just so so dull. Genuinely scraping the points to starve or relegation. A disgrace considering the money spent. How he’s still in a job I have no idea. Our slow massively lost the fans over this one. Deano, with credit in the bank, sacked for much the same if not less. 

Â